Re: Great Lent Ideas?

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 5:25 AM
      Greetings to all

      Dear George

      Let me share my few Lent thoughts with you though it may not be what you were looking for.

      Do enjoy giving and sharing from His portion/tithe always – Return to me and I will return to you is His promise. If somebody is not doing this let this lent be the starting point. The beauty is that you will soon find out that He will return much more, economically too in ways you cannot imagine.

      Secondly is to submit ourselves more at his feet with prostrations/ kumbideel / sashtanga pranamam. One interpretation which I really enjoyed of this though not very sure about its theology is – right prostration is with 8 body parts touching the earth which is His footstool. Those are
      a. Your fore head – submitting all your thoughts.
      b. Your Nose – submitting your life.
      c. Your 2 hand knuckles – submitting all your works of hand.
      d. Your 2 Knees – submitting all your physical strengths.
      e. Your 2 Feet – submitting all your walks in life.

      Thirdly and most importantly prayers, repentance and salvation.

      Wishing you all a Great Lent experience.
      Requesting prayers

      Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Member ID # 2908

      NB. A great experience I had a few years back was when I was lucky enough to join our Very Rev. Phenehas Rabban for noon prayers in Malekurishu Dayara where I couldn't cope with the energy of an 80 year old in kissing the feet of our Lord. I could experience the Grace and Blessings after the prayer and very good introspection on how small and far I am.