Re:How did Soul become Paul or Paulose ?

  • Thomas Mann
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 4:41 AM
      Respected V T John,

      >>So my case is that the name Paulose or Paul has nothing to do with the conversion of Soul as a Christian.
      >>Soliciting the comments of our esteemed members of the SOCM Forum

      Though I'm not at all a learned person to comment on your statement, due to curiosity i did a quick research on this and felt something found authentic.

      As you mentioned, it seems the name have noting to do with his baptism. It should be all abbreviations in Hebrew and Greek languages as he was born as a Jew (an Israelite, from the tribe of Benjamin) who uses Hebrew language and also a Roman citizen who follows Greek\Latin (Acts 22:25-29; Phil 3:5).

      As he was an intellect in most of the popular languages he might have adopted his Greek\Latin surname "Paulus" once he became a Christian,

      Surprisingly this is something different for me from which I learn at Sunday school years back... :)

      In HIS Grace,
      Thomas Mann
      # 972