Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1569 , Feb 22 7:28 PM
      "Of all ascetic practices the striving for prayer is the most arduous. Our spirit will be in constant flux. At times prayer flows like a strong current; at other times our heart will feel withered and dry. But the spells when we lose fervor should get briefer."

      Archimandrite Sophrony.

      "When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble is wisdom." Proverbs 11:2
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1569 of 1569 , Feb 8 7:14 PM

        "One who is united to God by faith and recognizes Him by action is indeed enabled to see Him by contemplation. He sees things of which I am not able to write. His mind sees visions and is wholly illuminated and becomes like Light, yet he is unable to conceive of them or describe them. His mind is itself Light and sees all things as Light, and the Light has Life and imparts Light to him who sees it. He sees himself wholly united to the Light, and as he sees he concentrates on the vision and is as he was. He perceives the Light in his soul and is in ecstasy."

           St. Symeon the New Theologian.

        "I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land."  Psalm 143:6

        Prayer Requests:

        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke and 8 years old Cassie - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.
        Dena T.