Importance of Servant Clergy

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2011
      Importance of Servant Clergy

      Inspired by the appointed readings and the memory of the beloved and
      departed Metropolitan Thomas Mar Makarios, Fr John Brian talks about the importance of clergy and of being a servant of Christ, our Lord and Master. He touches on how this relates to the coming fast and the priesthood of all members of the church. He concludes with a story in memory of the bishop of his childhood.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, February 20, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/02/importance-of-servant-clergy.html