Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Feb 21, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      “ For to me living means living for Christ and dying is even better.”(Philippians 1:21)

      How do we die?

      Four important things always to be remembered are death, judgement, heaven, and hell. Death is a reality and that everybody should go through it. How do we face death is the question to be answered. Now mercy killing(medically assisted) is a universally welcomed method to die. Any method is accepted provided there is no eternity. If there is eternity and it is so we have to wait for the time of the creator to take our souls but no human beings. There is a judgement of justice after math for all our deeds on earth and an untenable separation in to eternal light or eternal darkness (heaven and hell). “It’s appointed for to die once, and after that comes judgement.”(Hebrews 9:27) .Death is still an enemy, is a defeated foe, can be faced with confidence, even with joy as St Paul wished-“ dying is even better.” Attitude and perception towards death is important. If that is rooted in eternity then 10,000 problems we are being faced become no problems at all. Life becomes a smooth sailing boat to the way to eternity by the caption ship of Jesus. This education should be imparted to the generation through the word of God. ”Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.”(Psalm 119:105)- a culture of eternity and bliss!

      Once Billy Graham was addressing the Students of university of California there was boos and cat calls. Suddenly there was a silence when he was started to tell the story of a student. She was being died in an accident, near her mother. She told to her mother,” mother you taught me anything included to know to get by in college. You taught me to light my cigarette, how to hold my cocktail glass, and how to have intercourse safely. But mother, you never taught me how to die, you better teach me quickly, mother, because I’m dying.”

      “Think about the things of heaven not the things on earth.”(Colossians 3:2)

      Don’t forget to give spiritual nourishment to our children through our way of life of eternity , prayer ,daily bible readings, and bible study.

      Prayer

      Jesus, let our minds be hooked on the eternal bliss of your presence through holy spirit. Let every body get a peaceful end. We pray for the parents and teachers who are in the field of spiritual education and struggle to impart spirituality to the modern generation. Let them get the power to overcome the hurdles they are being faced. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Aachen
      Toronto, Tuesday February 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com