Our Daily Bread: forwarded

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2011
      READ: Galatians 6:1-10 Appended

      Bear one another burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.- Galatians 6:2

      Not long ago, my wife, Janet, and I accepted an invitation to dine with a Christian woman who attends our Sunday school class. In her zeal to prepare a meal for us, she cut her index finger deeply. As we drove her to the emergency room, we prayed for her, and then we kept her company in the waiting room. Several hours later, our friend finally saw the doctor.

      After we returned to her home, our hostess insisted we stay for the meal she had prepared. What followed was a great time of lively conversation and spiritual fellowship. While we ate, she shared with us some of the heartaches she had suffered, and how through the ups and downs she had found God's wonderful grace invading her life.

      Later, my wife and I reflected on the unexpected trip to the hospital and the shared fellowship that had resulted. This verse came to mind: Bear one another burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ´┐Ż (Gal. 6:2). By providing support for our injured hostess, she was blessed. Then afterward, she became a blessing to us through her hospitality and a delicious meal.

      In retrospect, painful experiences can be a marvelous gateway to rich fellowship as we bear one another burdens. - Dennis Fisher

      Beautiful lives are those that bear
      For other lives their burden of care;
      Beautiful souls are those that show
      The Spirit of Christ wherever they go. - Abbott

      A helping hand can lighten another's burden.
      Galatians 6:1-10

      Doing Good to All
      1 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.
      2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
      3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves.
      4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else,
      5 for each one should carry their own load.
      6 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.
      7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
      8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
      9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
      10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.