Rabban elevation, unity talks etc

  • Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2011
      Dear All in Christ,

      I would like to discuss two points in this mail.

      1) Rabban Elevation.

      Let me pray the Almighty to grant more wisdom and power of prayer to lead the life of a real monk to beloved Mathew Ramban as he has to tred in the path of St. Anthonios.

      Now a days common man is thinking that getting ordained as Ramban/ Rabban is the first step before bishop ordination. The wordings we use such as elevation to the rank of ramban also adds to this. In Malankara only, we do not have many Sharvoyo monks ie rambans who are not full preists or priest Rambans. Actually it is the vow for celibacy and dedication to spiritual life by entering into monastrial life leaving back the worldly temptations. Rambans were not even given charges of a vicar earlier as they are supposed to be indulged in prayers and spirtual activities only. Hence it is my view that we should not congratulate a ramban as if he has achieved a big post instead we should pray for him that his life shall glorify our LORD.

      2) Unity talks.

      As a layman I do not have any interest in these hollow unity meetings which are done only for the organisers' publicity. If Mannaraprayil who leads this meeting now a days has sincere thirst for unity, he could have achieved the same first at Thrikkunnathu Church were he only decieved the parishoners and stood for closure of the church. Now that he is out from there he wants to be in the news through such meetings. Let the IOC leadership accept the honourable Court order for ending the century old litigation through mediation and then unity as two canonical orthodox churches will become a reality. So if these people have real thirst of peace they should start convincing their own people and leadership rather than conducting so called meetings.

      Let good will prevail on all.

      In HIS love,

      Johnson