Presenting Inner Light to the World

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2011
      Presenting Inner Light to the World

      One of the Church's important feasts is the Presentation of Christ in the Temple which happens 40 days after His Nativity.

      Fr John Brian uses the Epistle reading from Ephesians (Chapter 3) to bring into focus the purpose and hope of our enlightening by having Christ brought into our temple. The stories of Simeon and Hannah at the temple point to a very important consideration for our inner illumination.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, February 6, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission
      Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/02/presenting-inner-light-to-world.html