Abouna Andrawis El Samueli - A 20th century Coptic saint

  • Nansy Abdelmalak
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 13 KB
    February 07, was the departure of Abouna Andrawis El Samueli. May his intercessions be with us all. I don't know if anyone has seen the movie depicting his story, but it's really good! I couldn't find his story online anywhere except from his facebook group. Here it is:

    A 20th century Coptic saint, Father Andrawis the Samuelite (or El-Samueli, i.e., of St. Samuel's Coptic Orthodox Monastery in Egypt) was born at Algafdon village, Alfashn, Beni Suef governorate, Egypt, in the year 1887.

    The name of Fr. Andrawis was "Youssef Khaleel Ibrahim", and he related, according to what his parents told him, that he lost sight when he was three years old.

    Continue reading
    http://www.socmnet.org/News2011Feb08.htm

    Posted by: Nansy Abdelmalak