Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Feb 6 3:17 AM
      Today’s Bible verse

      “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I don’t give you as the world gives. Don’t let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27)

      World talks and talks about peace but usually ends in war, blood and death. Only the enlightened souls can bring peace on earth. All other talks are worthless and should not be taken into account. The solution for strife starts from the soul of each individual. A Chinese proverb - "If there is light in the soul, there will be beauty in the person. If there is beauty in the person, there will be harmony in the house. If there is harmony in the house, there will be order in the nation. If there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world.” The spirit of Almighty should enlighten the souls of human beings and this is the best bet for peace and prosperity in all realms of life. A single soul lit by the spirit can do wonders in homes, villages, nations, and the world. When the souls are darkened and closed, nothing can be done for peace and we can write the epitaph on the tomb stone of the war-stricken world.

      Marackal, a hard working village in Kerala, India, was infected by illicit and licensed petty liquor shops. Night falls witnessed all kinds of anti-social activities in the village centred on arrack shops in each nook and corner. Poverty, fear, quarrel were a common sight in almost all houses in the village. George was one of the drunkards in that dark village. He heard the scripture and changed his mind and life style - stopped drinking and worked hard to maintain his family. The family prospered, children got good education and peace descended on his house. This triggered other families to stop drinking. And a mass movement started to close all the liquor shops, even the licensed ones in their village. Now, almost all the people are living happily and there is peace and prosperity in the village. And those who drink and come to the village are looked down upon. The unity and hospitality of that village is to be appreciated.

      “Change your hearts and lives and believe in Good news” (Mark 1:15). Change of life by the spirit of God is the solution for peace. All other attempts are futile.

      Prayer : Jesus, enlighten us with your spirit. Please change our old quarrelling sinful life into a new way of sinless life of peace. We pray for those who are struggling to get rid of their bad side. Let your peace be with all. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Aachen

      Toronto, Monday, 7th February 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com