Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Feb 5, 2011
      Today's Bible verse

      "May the God of hope fill you with all joy, peace on you."(Romans 15:13)

      Do you think of ending your life?

      Some times the burden of life, disfigurement of body, or marginalization by the society make the people to think about to end their life. When darkness encircles from all sides of life, the morale and anchor to float may brake in to hopelessness's. Here love ,faith .and hope play their decisively roles. There is hope for all living creatures as long as they have the ebbs of life. Even if you are the last man left in the world, still there is hope. Hope in the resurrected Christ. There are plenty of people living in and around you not to express the real feelings of shame and pressure of society imposed on them due to the deformity of their physic. Church has a vital role to play in this juncture to remove the shame and acceptance and engagement of the people who are in the verge of braking down and death.

      Nicole was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis (NF), which causes tumours to grow in the tissue around nerves. She has small growths all over her body, including many on her hands and face. She was once told to leave a public pool because a parent was afraid she would contaminate the water." That didn't give me a chance to explain that my condition is not contagious. That was one of the worse experiences of my life. I wanted to die. Hundreds of times I thought of ending my life." There is no known cure or effective medical treatment. In Canada, one in every 3,500 people has NF, almost as many as Cystic Fibrosis, and more than ALS and Huntington's disease combined . Nicole Porlier now happily married and running a wine- making business(Aptly called The Glass Half Full) with her husband, this vivacious and out going woman has chosen hope over despair. She recently joined the board of directors of NF Canada. Nicole says, "You have to have hope, no matter who you are or else you don't have anything."

      " Declares the Lord, "For I know the plans I have for you- plans to prosper you an don't to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."( Jeremiah 29:11)

      Prayer

      Jesus. remove the shame the society imposed on the sick's and deformed. We pray for those who are in the brink of committing suicide. Let the people have the hearts of compassion and knowledge. Let your love and hope encircle those who are in very distressful condition. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen

      Paulose Aachen
      Toronto, Sunday 6 the February 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
      Sunday Mass : 9 A.M. to 10 A.M.