Songs in West Syriac

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2011
      Slomo amkoon/Barekmor

      Can any one of our church favour us with the following songs in Syriac in Syriac scripts in the SOCM digest?

      1. Tho baslom royo sareero

      2 Tho beslom aaboon sahyo Mor

      V T John
      ID 3085
    • Rev. Fr.Matthew Karimpanackal
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2011
        Dear John

        Requested songs in Syriac is uploaded in SOCMNet.org.
        Pleaase click on following link to open the file in pdf format.

        http://socmnet.org/Resources/syriac_songs/Thobo_Shlom_Royo_and_Thobo_Shlom_Aboon.pdf

        Fr. Matthew Karimpanackal

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Vatachal Thomas John wrote:

        > Slomo amkoon/Barekmor
        >
        > Can any one of our church favour us with the following songs in Syriac in Syriac scripts in the SOCM digest?
        >
        > 1. Tho baslom royo sareero
        >
        > 2 Tho beslom aaboon sahyo Mor
        >
        > V T John
        > ID 3085

      • Dr. Thomas Joseph
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011
          Here are the English transliterations of the requested Syriac hymns. If you are looking for the hymns in Syriac script, I can provide that when I've time to typeset.

          Note: Since I cannot use special characters in ascii text, I use capitalized letters for Heth (H), Teth (T), and Sodhé (S), and ` for `ayn.

          to bashlom abun zahyo. mor (...) yo gabyo.
          `onokh laHzothokh Sohyo. wal-boorko-thokh m-keem m-sakhyo.
          laloho mawdyo. dagbokh lan ro`yo.
          bashmokh haw fayo fSeeHo w-Hodyo.
          mekheel neq`e b-khooleh Haylan.
          neeHé abun mor (...). d-neth-malé beh sookhoyan

          My translation in the Syriac metre:

          Welcome, O noble father, Mor (N), the chosen shepherd.
          Your flock thirsts to see you and for your blessings we await.
          We thank God who has chosen you a shepherd for us.
          In your name we rejoice and find gladness.
          Let us all cry out with our strength,
          "Long live our Father Mor (N)," we shall say and will affirm.

          ----

          From the Syriac text in Zmeerotho d`eedto suryoyto orthodoksoytho danTyookya / Hymns of the Syrian Orthodox Church of Antioch, The Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church in the United States and Canada (1977) [copy of ms. in the hand of Rabban Yeshu` Cicek, later Metropolitan Mor Yulius Cicek of Europe, of blessed memory.]

          to bashlom ro`yo shareero
          wamdabrono hakeemo