Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Feb 4, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      “But Moses said to God, ”I am not a great man! How can I go to the king and lead the Israelites out of Egypt.” (Exodus 3:11)

      Are you reluctant to take up leadership?

      The plight of the people warrant for a strong, dedicated leadership. People are suffering, and exploited due to lack of enlightened leaders. We have no right to stand as on- lookers just seeing the pathetic conditions of our fellow beings. God is concerned about the pain of his creation. The Lord said, “I have seen the troubles my people have suffered in Egypt, and I have heard their cries when Egyptian slave masters hurt them. I am concerned about their pain, and I have come down to save them from the Egyptians...I will bring them out of that land and lead them to a good land with lots of room - a fertile land” (Exodus 3:7,8). We are the mediums for God to liberate and give solace and refugee to the suppressed and to the poor. Our weakness should not be an excuse to turn back to the cry of our people. God does everything. God told Moses, “I will be with you" (Exodus 3:12) - to overcome all the disqualifications that you think you have If God is with us, who is against us? If God wants to save his people from their sickness, sufferings and oppressions, who are you to stand against that? Simply take over the leadership and save the people from their plight. God will be with you in your weaknesses.

      Vandana Gopikumar was doing her masters in social work, in Chennai, India, when she came across a mentally ill homeless woman in distress on the road in front of her college. With the help of a close friend, Vaishnavi Jayakumar, she tried to find shelter for the woman. Mental health institutions and NGOs were reluctant to admit the woman who was in desperate need of medical and psychiatric attention. Unable to get admission anywhere left 23 year olds Vandana and Vaishnavi disillusioned, leading them to develop “The Banyan” as an NGO serving homeless women with mental illness. Since 1993, this project has changed the lives of over 5000 people with mental illness.

      This is a demonstration of individual determination coming together as a team and makings things work.

      Prayer : Jesus, save your people those who are in distress in Egypt and other countries. We pray for the leaders and supporters who are in the forefront of liberation in all the countries. The cruel, autocratic, corrupt leaders should be removed from their positions and replaced with sympathetic, good and honest leaders. All we ask in the name of Jesus . Amen.

      Paulose Aachen

      Toronto, Saturday, 5th February 2011

      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
      Sunday Mass : 9 A.M. to 10 A.M.