Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1350 , Feb 2, 2011
      "Take firm hold, then, of this clear mirror of the divine Gospel in your two hands and look at it with a pure eye that is able to look at that divine mirror. For not everyone is able to see himself in it, but only the one whose heart is discerning, whose mind is sympathetic, and whose eye desires to see its helper. Look at it, then, and see all the images of Creation, the depiction of the children of Adam, both good and the wicked. Within it can be observed the beautiful images of the works of the good and the unsightly images of the deeds of the wicked. They are conceived within it so that at their time they might be given birth either to praise those who did the good works or to rebuke those performed the evil deeds."

      St. Ephrem the Syrian.

      "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear." 1 Peter 3:15
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1350 of 1350 , Mar 15 7:46 PM

        "Just as a treasure that is exposed tarnishes and loses its value, so a virtue which is known vanishes; just as wax melts when it is near fire, so the soul is destroyed by praise and loses all the results of its labor."

           Amma Syncletica.

        How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, "Your God reigns!"  Isaiah 52:7

        The Bible reading for the 7th of Baramhat, March 16, is:
        12 When the day began to wear away, the twelve came and said to Him, Send the multitude away, that they may go into the surrounding towns and country, and lodge and get provisions; for we are in a deserted place here. 13 But He said to them, You give them something to eat. And they said, We have no more than five loaves and two fish, unless we go and buy food for all these people. 14 For there were about five thousand men. Then He said to His disciples, Make them sit down in groups of fifty. 15 And they did so, and made them all sit down. 16 Then He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke them, and gave them to the disciples to set before the multitude. 17 So they all ate and were filled, and twelve baskets of the leftover fragments were taken up by them. (Luke 9:12-17)
        Martyrdom of Sts. Philemon and Apollonius.
        Martyrdom of St. Mary the Israelite.

        The Bible reading for the 8th of Baramhat, March 17, is: John 8:12-20
        Martyrdom of St. Matthias, the apostle.
        Departure of St. Julian, the Eleventh Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Arianus, the Governor of Ansena.

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.