St. Antony the Great

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2011
      God has filled man with spiritual understanding and knowledge, for He seeks to purify man from his passions and deliberate wickedness; and in His love He desires to transform the mortal to the immortal.

      St. Antony the Great, On the Character of Men and on the Virtuous Life
      Philokalia - Volume 1
    • The Orthodox Bookstore
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2012
        "Do not be afraid to hear about virtue and do not be a stranger to the term. For
        it is not distant from us nor is it external to us; its realization lies within
        us and the work is easy if only we want it. The Greeks leave home and cross the
        seas in order to gain an education, but there is no need for us to go away on
        account of the Kingdom of God nor need we cross the sea in search of virtue. For
        the Lord has told us, "The Kingdom of God is within you." All that is needed for
        goodness is that which is within, the human heart."

        St. Antony the Great