How to Know the Next Holy One

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2011
      How to Know the Next Holy One

      In the beginning of Chapter 6 of Mark's Gospel, none of Jesus extended
      family can believe He is the Christ. So, if He was not recognized by His own village, how can we know a holy one.

      Fr. John Brian uses the Epistle readings from Corinthians and Thessalonians to look at this issue of appearance and craft trade (vocation) - "For they said, is this not the carpenter (son of a carpenter). How is it that He can know such things (of God and spirituality)?" Mark Chapter 6: 1-6

      Then, Fr. John Brian talks about how we fit.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, January 30 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission
      Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-know-next-holy-one.html