Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1388 , Jan 31, 2011
      "Who can make an imitation of the invisible, incorporeal, uncircumscribed, formless God? Therefore to give form to the Deity is the height of folly and impiety. And hence it is that in the Old Testament the use of images was not common, but after God in His bowels of pity became in truth man for our salvation, not as He was seen by Abraham in the semblance of a man, nor as He was seen by the prophets, but in being truly man, and after He lived upon the earth and dwelt among men, worked miracles, suffered, was crucified, rose again and was taken back to Heaven, since all these things actually took place and were seen by men, they were all written for the remembrance and instruction of us who were not alive at that time in order that though we saw not, we may still, hearing and believing, obtain the blessing of the Lord."

      St. John of Damascus.

      "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1388 of 1388 , May 17 7:25 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "For by His own power He is united wholly with each and all, and orders all things without stint, so that no one could have called it out of place for Him to speak, and make known Himself and His Father, by means of sun, if He so willed, or moon, or heaven, or earth, or waters, or fire; inasmuch as He holds in one and all things at once, and is in fact not only in all, but also in the part in question, and there invisibly manifests Himself. In like manner, it cannot be absurd if, ordering as He does the whole, and giving life to all things, and having willed to make Himself known through men, He has used as His instrument a human body to manifest the truth and knowledge of the Father. For humanity, too, is an actual part of the whole."

           St. Athanasius the Great.

        "Save Your people, And bless Your inheritance; Shepherd them also, And bear them up forever."  Psalm 28:9

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith