Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1896 , Jan 31, 2011
      "Who can make an imitation of the invisible, incorporeal, uncircumscribed, formless God? Therefore to give form to the Deity is the height of folly and impiety. And hence it is that in the Old Testament the use of images was not common, but after God in His bowels of pity became in truth man for our salvation, not as He was seen by Abraham in the semblance of a man, nor as He was seen by the prophets, but in being truly man, and after He lived upon the earth and dwelt among men, worked miracles, suffered, was crucified, rose again and was taken back to Heaven, since all these things actually took place and were seen by men, they were all written for the remembrance and instruction of us who were not alive at that time in order that though we saw not, we may still, hearing and believing, obtain the blessing of the Lord."

      St. John of Damascus.

      "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1896 of 1896 , Jun 19 6:00 PM

        "Accordingly when it is said: `God is love,' by this is said that the entire Holy Trinity is Love. The Father is Love and the Son is Love and the Holy Spirit is Love. The source and the original countenance of love between the angels and men, the source Who was giving of Himself without ceasing and receiving without enrichment."

        St. Nikolai Velimirovich, Kassiana: Lessons in Divine and Christian Love.

        "In the day when I cried out, You answered me."  Psalm 138:3

        The Bible reading for the 13th of Baunah, June 20, is:
        31 When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, `Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 `for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 `I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.' 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, `Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 `When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 `Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 And the King will answer and say to them, `Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' 41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, `Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 `for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 `I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.' 44 Then they also will answer Him, saying, `Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?' 45 Then He will answer them, saying, `Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. (Matt. 25:31-46)
        Departure of St. John, Bishop of Jerusalem.
        Commemoration of Archangel Gabriel, the Announcer of Daniel the Prophet.

        The Bible reading for the 14th of Baunah, June 21, is: John 16:20-33
        Departure of Pope Yoannis the Nineteenth, 113th Patriarch of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of Sts. Apakir, John, Ptolemy and Philip.

        Prayer Requests:

        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.
        Anthony Cacho - Recovery from heart surgery on 6/1 (valve replacement and bypass). Also, his wife for comfort.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        Yaga - Cancer.