Fr. Abraham Konattu giving away his property to Orthodox church ?

  • Abraham
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2011
      Heard a news that the PAMPAKKUDA CHURCH will be handed over to the Catholicos and Malankara Metropolitan on March -1st 2011

      Any clarity? Is the PAmpakkuda church built on Konattu family land?

      Abraham
      3567
    • Anoop
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2011
        Hi Abraham,

        I am not sure about the news. About your second question:

        Yes, the Pampakuda church is a private property of Konattu family. But they have selected managing committee and runs under the IOC - Kandanad Diocese.

        Regards

        Anoop
        Member ID # 1005

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Abraham wrote:

        > Heard a news that the PAMPAKKUDA CHURCH will be handed over to the Catholicos and Malankara Metropolitan on March -1st 2011

      • K.Abraham
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17 5:00 AM
          In short this is "Indian Orthodox Sabha" affiliated institution like some one saying like -AAA Affiliated Club or Indian council recognized enterprise!

          Can we all have such church as private property and enjoy government benefits of free tax and others ? Please help me understand... I heard of 'Kudumba kshethram' among Hindus.

          Can I start a church and name it with some of our saints and then start collecting money from believers

          Is this church need to be renamed as 'Konattu family church'?

          Getting some affiliation and then running a private property is like running a SELF FINANCED College.

          Who holds the VETO Power - Obvious it will be the one who has his land! So its just a Gimmick to collect money from Beleivers...Isn't it?

          What is then the difference between so called 'ministries' found around KOTTAYAM and PATTANAMTHITTA

          K.Abraham
          3567

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Anoop wrote:

          > Hi Abraham,
          >
          > I am not sure about the news. About your second question:
          >
          > Yes, the Pampakuda church is a private property of Konattu family. But they have selected managing committee and runs under the IOC - Kandanad Diocese.
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Anoop
          > Member ID # 1005
          >
          > --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Abraham wrote:
          > >
          > > Heard a news that the PAMPAKKUDA CHURCH will be handed over to the Catholicos and Malankara Metropolitan on March -1st 2011

        • Varghese Abraham
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 20 7:42 AM
            Dear all,

            In Kerala, over the centuries,parish churches were built with the effort of the local people which included money,land, materials and physical input. The people became members of that church. Pampakuda valiyapalli was also the effort of the local people. Konattu family might have contributed in the form of land and may be even more. But other families might have also contributed. There are other churches where the land was exclusively contributed by a family. I could give the example of Piramadom church which is quite near Pampakuda. The land was contributed by Edappalakattu family. But they never got the church registered in their own name. They shared with the local people. So having a church in a private hand when a group of people are members of the same church is against our practice and ethos. One of the reasons why Konattu achan and family who were staunch Jacobites to switch sides to IOC is the fear of local parisheners asking for control in running the affairs of the church.

            Pamapakuda valiyapalli does not come under 1934 constitution of IOC, it is a private property.
            Prayers,
            Varghese Abraham

            From the desk of the Moderators:

            Please sign your messages with member ID. If you do not have a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.
          • Johnson
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 23 12:30 AM
              Dear brother Varghese,

              Many people may not be aware of the fact that in the past, several families had to give land, money etc. Konattu family to get a membership in that church. Their was a high handedness of this family in the church since it was their private property. Also it is heard that lot of money had come from H.G Augen Themotheos who later became the first canonical Catholicose of Malankara who got excommunicated later.

              Johnson