Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jan 29, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      “Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.” (James 1:27)

      Do you believe that taking care of those who are in distress is true worship?

      Service to humanity is service to God. Leaving the sick and going for Sunday worship never pleases both the Creator and the creation. True worship is to take care of the people. They are the Temple of God. You see God in the faces of each and every individual. If they are in distress, then we should know that Jesus is in distress. Magnificent churches and big mansions are mere mortars - it's nothing but pomp and show. Even the antique value of the large medieval churches have diminished. Constructing a Church means to enlighten/improve the human beings who are sick and in distress. True worship, according to James is, not going for Sunday morning churches, but true worship is what happens when you care for the sick in your house and neighbourhood.

      40 years of happy married life of Mathew and Sara saw a thorn in their life when Mathew become sick by stroke. The burden of looking after the husband fell on the shoulders of Sara , who was a regular church goer. She shifted the Sunday worship to her home by looking after her husband. She was completely shut out from the outside world. Always with a smile on her face, she took loving care of him 24/7 till Mathew died after 14 long bed-ridden years. She is the genuine Israelite! The world is in high demand for this kind of heroes. See that our Sunday worship is not at the expense of pain and sorrow of anybody in our homes and neighbourhood. "Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my father in heaven will enter” (Mathew 7:21).

      Prayer : Jesus, let us worship you by serving the people who are made in your image. Lord, let nobody be in distress and let everyone be cared and loved for. Let us be an instrument of love and healing to the widows, widowers, sick and the needy. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Aachen
      Toronto, Tuesday, February 1st, 2011
      http://www.jerusalemchristianmission.com