English Text Books of MJSSA

  • Jacob V Joshua
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2011
      Dear Mr Jai Abe Cheriyan,

      We whole-heartedly welcome your suggestions and are glad to see that you have responded very positively to our appeal regarding printing of Sunday School Text Books in English language.

      Please note the following:

      1.  We have been requesting the MJSSA Headquarters/office-bearers since long to get the English Text Books printed.  But they regretted their inability to do so as it involves lakhs of rupees.  Rather they advised us to get it printed and supply some copies to the headquarters as the MJSSA does not have money to invest in printing the English Text Books. According to them, this investment is a waste because they don't feel the difficulties of Church children outside Kerala and India.  They, however, have arranged CD of the Text Books in English language and advised to take print copies and supply to children/students. We thought it is very awkward at this 21st century that our children are studying from photocopies.  We have raised this issue several times with the office-bearers of MJSSA.

      2. In the meantime, we learnt that Mumbai Diocese has got printed the Text Books in English.  When we realised that the Church Leadership is not concerned with the future of the Church outside Kerala/India we had to take a decision to this effect because we being outsiders of Kerala know the ground realities of the Church members who are living outside Kerala/India.

      3. Of course, we are getting Kalpana from the MJSSA as well as the
      Metropolitan of Delhi & Mylapore Dioceses.  Anyhow, rest assured that this is being done with the full consent of MJSSA, Puthencruz and it will be treated as the official publication of MJSSA.

      4. We expect a minimum of Rs.1.00 lakh expenses for printing 500 copies each of class 1 to 10.  It will take a long time/years to exhaust these books.  We have published through the SOCM forum to get as much as possible donations or loan amounts towards printing of the Books.  Even if anybody wants to participate in this spiritual cause by donating a small amount or loaning the amount shall be highly appreciated.  We have full faith in our Lord and Savior that we will be able to pay back the loan amounts based upon the income from sale of the Books.

      5. Dear Abe,  I don't know where are you stationed now.  I request you to kindly act as a co-ordinator for collections in your location and encourage the Parish Committees/ members/ well-wishers, etc. to contribute towards this project.  We will send you the bank account details for remitting the amounts for this spiritual cause.

      Yours in Christ,

      Jacob V Joshua, Delhi
      0911
    • Jai Abe Cheriyan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2011
        Dear Mr. Jacob V Joshua and other forum members,

        Your message hints MJSSA central leadership is not realizing and taking actions according to the needs of the young generation. I am wondering how the current/former HG Presidents of MJSSA and office-bearers who are/were taking care of outside Kerala diocese could not understand this. Anyway, it is an unfortunate attitude even though some other messages (given below) does not support this view.

        Some view points:
        1. It seems there are efforts from Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai and Bahrain on the translation process. There should be coordination and conciliation among different dioceses and MJSSA central leadership.

        2. The following messages in SOCM Forum (author name in bracket) discuss the same subject:
        #15695(Rev. Fr. Mani Rajan Corepiscopa), #15704(Vinod Varghese), #15714(Varkey Titus), #15731 (Mathew G M), #15730 (Eldo Daniel), #15729 (SOCM Moderators)

        3. There should be consent from HB Catholicose and MJSSA (as a result of agreement among different dioceses) which would be conveyed to the entire Church by a `Kalpana'.

        4. Personally I feel MJSSA Central committee should be more vigilant. Go to MJSSA website http://mjssa.org/ , you could see the photo of HE Kuriakose Mor Diascoros as its President, whereas in the same page related to "Admadeepam" it says "Under the leadership of the association president H.G Mor Melethiose Yuhanon Metropolitan"!!

        5. The message#15537 by Rev. Fr.George V. Vayaliparambil related to VBS and its replies also announce the improved performance requirement of MJSSA.

        6. I stationed at Bangalore. I would prefer the MJSSA Bangalore leadership to act as coordinators of the project,therefore forwarded your message to the Diocese leadership.

        Thanks & regards,
        In HIS Love,

        Jai Abe Cheriyan