Sunday School Text Books

  • Jacob Joshua
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2011
      Dear all,

      This is to inform all that the Delhi Diocesan Sunday School Committee is printing English Text Books of Sunday School Classes from Class 1 to 10 for the benefit of our Children in the Outside Kerala and Outside India.  The revised syllabus of the MJSSA is being printed.  The printing work has already started. We request all to kindly co-operate with this noble cause by sponsoring any part of the printing expenses by way of 'Best compliments' from Parishes, Individuals and Institutions/Corporates, etc.  Donations/Sponsor amounts of minimum of Rs.5,000/- will be notified on the last page of the text books.  If the donor does not want to publish his or her name, the same can be considered.

      We expect kind co-operation and assistance from all corners of the world. Those who are willing to participate in this spiritual cause may kindly contact Rev. Fr. Varghese Paul, Director Sunday School Delhi Diocese (Vicar, St. Peters Cathedral, New Delhi-1.  Tel.No. 011-23364740) or me at the earliest possible.

      Please treat this as very very urgent and on top priority basis.

      Yours in Christ,

      Jacob V Joshua
      Chief Inspector-Delhi Diocese Sunday School
      C/o. St. Peter's Cathedral, New Delhi-1.
      Mob. 9818401115
    • Jai Abe Cheriyan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2011
        Respected Shri. Jacob V Joshua,

        Majority of the children belongs to the outside Kerala use Malayalam as a spoken language only, therefore the English version of Sunday school text is a necessity in those region. The initiative of Delhi Diocese MJSSA is very much appreciable in this context. Congratulations and All the Best for your efforts.

        I have the following viewpoints on this:

        1) As the translated publication is applicable for the entire Jacobite Syrian Church of India and it's outside Kerala/India dioceses, ideally it should be published by the MJSSA, Central leadership. As MJSSA Delhi Diocese already started the printing works, the messages from MJSSA President HG Mor Dioscoros Kuriakose and central leadership along with HB Catholicose should be printed in these publications which clearly says this is the sole English text book of the MJSSA. This would ensure that we have a standard text book for MJSSA across the Church (unlike different versions of "Kurbanakramam" in use currently) and different dioceses should not have different translated versions.

        2) The request for donations and other assistance for this noble cause could be collected by the support of a Kalpana by HB Catholicose or HG President of MJSSA central leadership, read in all the dioceses of Jacobite Syrian Church of India. This would support the standardization.

        Thanks & regards,
        In HIS Love,
        Jai Abe Cheriyan

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Jacob Joshua wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > This is to inform all that the Delhi Diocesan Sunday School Committee is printing English Text Books of Sunday School Classes from Class 1 to 10 for the benefit of our Children in the Outside Kerala and Outside India.
      • Vanchippara kutty
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2011
          Dear All,

          With regard to the text books, the MJSSA has already published English version in their web site up to grade VII. For grade VIII, IX, X, XI and XII should also be made available as soon as possible. We, in UAE, have already printed the English text books the same what are available in the web site. I would request the MJSSA to take a little more care while publishing text books as�we could found�so many mistakes and the standard of the content are also not up to the required level.

          With prayer and regards
          VSK
          ID No.4058
        • Chev. Thomas Abraham
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 29, 2011
            Dear Mr. Kutty and all,

            There was additional English text books of Classes VIII & IX also once published in MJSSA Site and I downloaded it and uploaded all (from Class I - IX)in our Church website also. See the following link:

            http://www.stpetersbahrain.org/sunday-school.html

            However, recently when I checked MJSSA site to see whether Class X text books were also uploaded, there is nothing for Class X, but also removed the Class VIII & IX text books as well. There could be some reason for this removal, which we don't know now. One year back, we bought a CD from MJSSA, which also contains text books upto Class VII only. But I wonder, how this Delhi Diocese is printing and publishing the text books of Class I to XII, which so far MJSSA not published!!! Are they publishing their own text books, which are not yet approved by MJSSA or is these books are already approved by MJSSA? If it is an approved one, why MJSSA is not uploading it in their website?? Why it is only upto Class VII in their site? Is anybody preventing them to do so? I think MJSSA or Delhi Diocese could explain it in detail.

            VBS English work books:
            Recently I had a meeting with MJSSA General Secretary at Puthencruz, and as per his request, we are translating the VBS Malayalam books to English (Workbooks) and hopefully will be completing it very soon and will give to MJSSA. Also we will be publishing it through our Church website and will inform everybody through SOCM Forum.

            Regards

            Chev. Thomas Abraham - Bahrain.
            Id No: 898