The proud son of Syriac Orthodox Church Shri. T K Kurian is the new Wipro CEO

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 33 KB
    The proud son of Syriac Orthodox Church Shri. T K Kurian is the new Wipro CEO

    BANGALORE: India's software major Wipro Ltd Friday announced the appointment of T.K. Kurien (TK) as the chief executive officer (CEO) of its global IT business and executive director of the company. TK runs some of the critical growth engines in the organization's overall business plans. He has led multiple initiatives in various capacities including being the Chief Executive of Wipro's Health-care & Life Sciences business, and the Telecom Service Provider business. He was adjudged the BPO CEO of the year by IQPC in 2007.

    TK is a member of the Wipro Corporate Executive Council.

    Before joining Wipro, TK served as the CEO of GE X Ray from October 1997 to January 2000 and prior to that was the CFO of GE Medical Systems (South Asia).

    The proud son of Jacobite Syriac Orthodox Church, Shri. Thekkethalakkal Kurian Kurian, a Chartered Accountant by profession, hails from Puthanangadi, Kottayam, and is the member of St. Ignatius Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Simhasana Cathedral, Kottayam. He currently attends in St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Cathedral, Bangalore.
  • Saju Paulose
    Message 2 of 2 , Jan 22, 2011
      Dear All,

      Let me congratulate Mr. T.K. Kurian CA, the new CEO of Wipro. All the members of Jacobite Syrian Orthodox church and especially the Malayalee Chartered Accountant community in India and abroad are very proud of this highly talented person.

      Let us all wish good luck in his new responsibilities.

      Regards.

      Saju Paulose CA,CPA.
      St. Marys JSO Church White Plains,
      New York