The Rest of faith, the Prayer of Faith, and the Work of God in Me

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2011
      The Rest of faith, the Prayer of Faith, and the Work of God in Me

      Heb. 4:3 - What is the evidence that we have believed? We enter into rest of faith: we who have believed do enter that rest Lord, I thank you for this rest of faith. Only as I abide in this rest of faith can I be praying the prayer of faith. May my thoughts be restful, Lord. May my words be restful, Lord. May my deeds be restful, Lord.

      Heb. 4:10 - What is the relationship between this rest of faith and work? We cease from our own works, even works that are seemingly good: he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. What are our own works? Those which move us from the rest of faith. Lord, help me to abide in faith, and cease from all work that moves me out of rest.

      Heb. 4:12 In such rest of faith, the Word as the sword of the Spirit cuts deep into our hearts as we lie still as the patient under the surgeon's knife: the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Lord, this is my place of safety, and this is my salvation; may I ever abide in the rest of faith, being worked on by the hand that formed me from the dust. Amen. The rest of faith, praying in faith (the work of God through me), and the work of God in me these three belong together. Lord, I trust you. Amen.

      Learning to abide in the rest of faith, and pray the prayer of faith,

      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington D.C