Enlighten our minds - Epiphany Prayer

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2011
      Enlighten our minds - Epiphany Prayer

      A special sermon on the Holy Epiphany that focuses on the Sedro Prayer
      appointed for Epiphany.

      Fr John Brian takes this opportunity to talk about the importance of the words and the teachings from these ancient prayers to help and aid us in our spiritual development.

      EPIPHANY PRAYER
      from the "Madedono: The Book of Church Festivals" (English 1984)

      "Do You, even now, O Lord, Who have brought us to this hour, be with us and among us by driving away from our souls all the darkness of ignorance."

      "Enlighten our minds by the rays of Your light, that we may be worthy to become children of light."

      The full prayer can be read at the mission blog www.maruroopa.blogspot.com

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, January 9, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/01/enlighten-our-minds-epiphany-prayer.html