Holy Father decorated Archbishop Mor Gregorios Youhanna Ibrahim with Grand Cross of St. Ignatius of Antioch

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2011
    Holy Father decorated Archbishop Mor Gregorios Youhanna Ibrahim with Grand Cross of St. Ignatius of Antioch

    Aleppo, Syria: Patriarch Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas decorated Archbishop Mor Gregorios Youhanna Ibrahim, the Archbishop of Aleppo & Environs, with Grand Cross of St. Ignatius of Antioch and certificate, considering the contribution of the Archbishop to the Holy Syriac Orthodox Church and society in general. Mor Gregorios Youhanna Ibrahim took the charge of the diocese in 1979, and many projects have been come up in the diocese by the effort of His Eminence. Mor Gregorios is a popular face in the Ecumenical and social field too and represents Syriac Orthodox Church in various Ecumenical bodies.

    Metropolitans Mor Philoxenos Mathiyas Nayis, Mor Dionysius Youhanon Kawaq, monks, priests, nuns and thousands of faithful were present.

    SOCM News Bureau - Syria