Aleppo receives Holy Father

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2011
    06 January; Aleppo, Syria: Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch & All the East reached the Province of Aleppo on January 06, Thursday for his historic Apostolic visit. His Holiness was received at the entrance of St. Ephraim's Syriac Orthodox Cathedral by Archbishop of Aleppo, Mor Gregorios Youhanna Ibrahim, Fr. Joseph Shafu, Dr. Elias Samao (Vice President, Mijili Millis), Er. Albert Manouk, hundred of nuns and monks and thousands of faithful. The scouts of the Archdiocese gave Guard of Honour to Holy Father. A delegation comprises of Metropolitans Mor Philoxenos Mathias Nayis (Patriarchal Assistant & Director of St. Ephraim's Seminary), Mor Dionysius Youhanon Kawaq, nuns and monks, doctors is accompanying His Holiness. Later at the Cathedral, His Holiness was the chief celebrant for the feast of Nativity of our Lord. Metropolitans and priests assisted.
  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2011
      More Photos of the episcopal visit can be seen on the following link: (Those who got facebook account only can view this)

      http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150118155708698&set=a.10150118155668698.326094.537173697¬if_t=photo_reply