islamic onslaught - an essay

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2011
      A nation for Christians to protect them from Islamic predators

      Polarization and nationhood is the only solution to curb Islamic terrorism.

      Samuel Huntington, the political scientist is correct by saying that the war of the post cold war era is the conflict of two cultures and civilizations - Islamic and non-Islamic. According to him, Islam has bloody borders. The beginning of the conflict goes way back with the initial thrust of Islam into Europe. The existence of Islam solely depends on strife, terror, murder and forceful conversion. That is the nature and hall mark of Islam right from its inception.

      Christianity is a religion purely based on love and sacrifice. It always needs the protection and sanctuary of patronage. At certain times the patronage has become violent, but that is an exception, not the rule. Like the East and the West can never meet, so also these two religions cannot mix and co-exist peacefully anywhere at any time.

      The jihads and Islamic terrorist organizations with the tactical support of Islamic countries, overtly and covertly fuel the massacre of Christians all over the world. To fulfill their agenda of bringing all non-Islamic people under the Islamic banner, they are killing, maiming, and converting the Christians. This was started in the Islamic countries and their wish has almost been fulfilled. The majority of Christians, churches, monasteries in Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Egypt ,Sudan and the Middle East countries are almost all wiped out through, murder, conversion, marriage and exodus. The few left out now are under the threat of Islamic militias - either to convert or to face death. The New Year bombing of the Coptic Church in Egypt, killing 21 worshippers is the latest additional feather in the cap of Jihads. Turkey does not even admit, leave out an apology, the fact of their heinous murder of more than 10 million Armenian Christians. Iran is turning back the clock of history by the Goebbelistic propaganda of denying the massacre of 60 million Jews in the gas chamber by Hitler in the Second World War.

      Those countries that have a sizeable and visible minority have now well understood that the vertical division is the only solution for their existence. Sudan, Nigeria and Lebanon are in the path of a two nations theory.

      Today, there is no Christian world in existence. The so called Christian based continents like America and Europe are completely secularized. They are now hobnobbing with Islam knowing very well the real nature of Islam. In reality, they are afraid of Islam and they are just onlookers witnessing the conversion of their people. So, they follow a policy of appeasement.

      In the Manila airport, Christmas wishes are prohibited by the employees in the name of hurting the Muslims. In UK, hospital patients are deprived of Christian prayers. There, Christian prayers are against the code of conduct of the hospital staff. In USA and Canada, the greetings of “May God Bless you” is despised. The words, "May God bless you my dear" is completely taken out from the birthday song. All Christian holidays are not recognized, even Good Friday. So what protection can you expect from the ungodly secularized western world?

      Migration and refugee status does not in any way help the Christians to safeguard and practice their faith and order. Today, the practicing Christians are below 10% of the total population in the western world. The morals and values followed by people are just the opposite of Christian morals and values of the Bible. When the Christians are in Islamic countries, they are at least faithful to Christ and they practice Christianity. As soon as they step in to the free world, they are weaning away to the cultures of the free western society. Firstly, they kick out Christ and then, the symbols and marks of Christianity. So, it is like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

      The secular world exists on the base of Christian values like freedom, fraternity, equality and human rights. The growth, development and well being of the modern man is the end result of Christian culture. Now the beneficiaries are turning their back on Christians. A thankless generation!

      The Christian world is now utterly orphaned and confused. They are in bacterial permutation by their divisions and subdivisions like classical sects - Orthodox, Catholics and Protestants, neo classical sects like Pentecostals and Quakers, ultra modernist like new age and born again. For them, the establishment is their life line, not the death and persecution of real Christians in the hands of the predators like jihads and Hindu fundamentalists. There is no nation, no church and no organization standing up for the cause of Christianity. Immediate anger, riots and protest in certain pockets never help the cause of Christians in Islamic countries. The Islamic rulers and their irrational ways will continue their ways more vigorously by killing more and more Christians, just like Hitler had done to the Jews and Gypsies in the 1930’s and 1940’s in Europe.

      We have to unite, organize, and fight for the values of Christianity in all arena of life. If 70 million Israelis could survive and challenge the 1.50 billion Muslims and exists in the midst of Islamic hard-core annihilators that have vowed to wipe out Israel and the Jews from the face of the earth, why can't we Christians of 1.60 billion+ stand up for our faith? If we are ashamed and shun this responsibility, God and our future generations will not forgive our irresponsibility and thanklessness. In Martin's speech given before the representatives of the confessing churches in Frankfurt on January 6th 1946, he said, “They came first for the communists, and I didn’t speak up because I was not a communist. Then, they came for the Jews, and I did not speak up because I wasn’t a Jew. Then, they came for the trade unionist, and I didn’t speak because I was a protestant. Finally by the time they came for me, there was no one left to speak up.” These are words that challenge us to the core.

      A totally Christian based movement ” Christonist “ like the Zionist, is the only solution for the Islamic onslaught of Christians. We Christians, should have our own countries that follows Christian values. They should have the defence and offence mechanism to protect their religion and practices. Those who accept Christ as God should unite together and keep away the petty or grave divisions that had happened in the time of ignorance and should be shelved. 'Worship God' is our first commandment and we need to ensure that we follow this strictly. U.N.O, WCC and USA should influence the Islamic countries through their sanctions, code and moral persuasion to cede the ancestral land to the Christians and should punish the Islamic predators. Our children should be brought up in the values of Christ and not in the secular self-destructing western customs. Politically, culturally and economically, we have the right to get back our lost land from the Muslims. Christian countries strictly following the ten commandments and the Sermon on Mount, should be established.

      Fr. V.V. Paulose
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
    • Benny
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2011
        Dear Respected Fr.V.V.Paulose.

        Re Islamic onslaught - an essay

        With reference to the sub matter, I have few words which I would humbly
        submit to you for your guidance. The slaughtering of Christians have
        been started way back to 2000 years. If , am wrong please correct me. The
        first Martyr was St.Stephen. It was being continued today as well.

        Now if we look in the verses in Holy Bible , it is mentioned in
        Philippians 2 ; 9-11, Every knee should bow in front of Jesus Christ. (All have to acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord . Also, there is nothing
        to be afraid even if we face death, because our life really starts after
        death as per Jesus Christ, that is a life of happiness with God. The
        preaches of Jesus Christ is focused on Eternal life.)

        Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
        and gave him the name that is above every name,
        10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
        in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
        11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
        to the glory of God the Father.

        Let us look in to the end times, in the below verses about the rebellion
        against the mankind. please refer 2 Thessalonians 2 ( 1 - 9)

        1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered
        to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily
        unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us-whether by a
        prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter-asserting that the day of the
        Lord has already come. 3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for
        that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of
        lawlessness[a
        <http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Thessalonians+2&version=N
        IV#fen-NIV-29665a> ] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He
        will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or
        is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming
        himself to be God.

        5 Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these
        things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be
        revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is
        already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do
        so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be
        revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his
        mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.

        Rebellion is expecting in the end times and nobody can stop it except
        Jesus Christ. The winner will be those who can pass through all these
        turbulence and they will be crowned at the end. Like the 5 virgins,
        if we have the oil for light (holy spirit) with us , nothing to fear.

        Thankful , for your kind advises & corrections on my view.

        Thanks & Rgards

        Benny

        4190
      • Reji Joseph
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 10, 2011
          Hi,

          The relationship between Christians and Muslims was very cordial during the ancient times. This fact can be understood by reading through the article "A Short Overview of the Common History of the Syrian Church with Islam through the Centuries" by H.H. Ignatius Zakka I Iwas in The Patriarchal Journal Vol. 33 – June 1995 – No. 146, pp. 322-344.

          A few excerpts are mentioned below.

          In this way the messenger Muhammad wanted to proclaim his message in the world as brotherly and just and by keeping freedom and human rights. Whoever studies the Quran in-depth will understand that the messenger Muhammad was not sent to force people into Islam. The following verses in the Quran confirm this truth:

          1. It is not for you to guide them: God guides whom HE will. (Sura 2, The Cow, verse 272)
          2. We have sent down this book to you with the truth for all humanity. So, he who comes to guidance does so for himself, and he who goes astray does so for his own loss; on you does not lie their guardianship. (Sura 39, The Small Groups, verse 41)

          The Quran speaks for the Christians and recognizes their holy books through the following verses:

          1. If you are in doubt of what we have sent down to you then ask those who have been reading the Book (for a long time) before you. The truth has indeed come to you from your Lord, so do not be one of those who doubt. (Sura 10, Jonah, verse 94)

          2. You will find the Jews and idolaters most excessive in hatred of those who believe; and the closest in love to the faithful are the people who say: 'we are the followers of Christ,' because there are priests and monks among them, and they are not arrogant. (Sura 5, The Feast, verse 82)

          The messenger Muhammad also gave all Christians a covenant. In it is shown the noble character and sense of justice of the Messenger. This testimony is kept still in some monasteries until this day. He said:
          1. In the name of Allah, the compassionate, the merciful! This is a writing written by Muhammad Ibn Abdallah to all people as messenger, preacher, admonisher, and the one responsible so that nothing is kept from the messengers of God. God is powerful and wise. He writes it for the Christians all over the earth who live here or abroad, who speak Arabic or other languages, known and unknown. He gives them a covenant. He who annuls it, who practices the opposite, who oversteps the commandments, annuls the testament of God, denies its agreement, laughs about his religion, and earns a curse whoever he is, a ruler or another Muslim.

          2. When a monk or someone passes through seeking refuge on a mountain, in a valley, in a cave, in a house, on flat land, on sand or in a church, then I with my helpers, relatives, my tribe and my followers will do what they can for him with enthusiasm because he is a member of the community and stands under my protection and I keep all harm from him. The persons affected shall only be taxed with so much tax as they are freely willing to pay without force or pressure; no bishop shall be moved from his bishopric, no monk from his monastery, no hermit from his cell to another city; no one passing through shall be hindered in his traveling. No house, no church building shall be torn down. None of the riches of their churches shall be used either for the building of a mosque or a house for Muslims. Whoever does anything like this violates the testament of God and his messengers. The bishops and Gods workers shall be burdened with neither taxes nor fines. I protect them wherever they may be - be they on land or on sea, in the east or in the west, in the north or in the south. They are under my protection and safe from any need."

          The link to the full article is : http://www.syrianchurch.org/pzakka/ShortHisIslam.htm

          Regards,
          Reji Joseph
          Member Id - 4513

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Fr. Paulose V V wrote:

          > A nation for Christians to protect them from Islamic predators
          >
          > Polarization and nationhood is the only solution to curb Islamic terrorism.

        • Zach George Arapura
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2011
            This is in response to Message #19607, Islamic onslaught - an essay by Fr. V.V. Paulose

            I would like to respectfully note my difference with the author on the following points

            1. `Polarization and nationhood is the only solution to curb Islamic terrorism.'

            The above statement is one of the most counter-productive statements I have heard in connection with Islamic terrorism. Polarization would result in alienated factions with animosity and intolerance towards another. Polarization could contribute much to the spawning of terrorism and disruption of activities in pursuit of national interests.

            2. `Christianity is a religion purely based on love and sacrifice.'

            Certainly message of Yeshua was love towards one another. But Christianity as a religion/organization has never embraced this wholly. At least from the time of Constantine onwards there are documentary evidences on how the "pagans" were (mis)treated and taxed. The pagan temples were demolished, priests murdered and priestesses molested by the "virtuous" and very much "Christian" mob. And what about Constantine, the Church maintained a shameful silence on the various political murders carried out ostensibly on the orders of the most benevolent patron of the Church. Richard Baxter, a 17th century theologian, says of the bishops of this period, "Their feuds and inhuman contentions were so many and so odious that it is a shame to read them. Multitudes of cities had bishops set up against bishops, and some cities more than two or three, the people reviling and hating each other and sometimes fighting tumultuously unto blood for their several prelates. The Christian world was made as a cock-pit, and the Christian religion made a scorn by the contention of the bishops." We can find parallels of this in the "modern" Church.

            3. `The jihads and Islamic terrorist organizations with the tactical support of...Armenian Christians'

            The same can be said about the different Crusades, Spanish inquisition and so forth were millions of `heretics' and Muslims were killed or executed. It will be worthwhile to remember the Jews weren't first persecuted by Nazis. From the time of Holy Roman Empire they have been persecuted. Any student of European History will tell you the amount of persecution they faced from the Church. They cannot be considered less than the ordeals which they faced under Nazis
            The magnitude of a crime does not increase or decrease with their religious affiliation. IMHO all terrorists are dregs of the society who require serious psychiatric intervention. It doesn't matter whether they are Muslim or Christian.

            Blasphemy law isn't exclusive to Muslims. It also existed in various "Christian" countries like UK, Ireland and some of the colonies in the Americas.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_law_in_the_United_Kingdom

            4. `In UK, hospital patients are deprived of Christian
            prayers. There, Christian prayers are against the code of conduct of the hospital staff.' I may be wrong but I don't think patients in UK are deprived of Christian prayers. If they request for prayers and a visit from Chaplain, it will be provided to them by the hospital.
            `The words, "May God bless you my dear" is completely taken out from..... western world?

            Regarding the Birthday song, I don't think the original version contained `May God bless you my dear'
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Birthday_To_You.
            But there are umpteen versions of the same song, so it's safe to assume that one may have contained it and the other may not. UK and US do celebrate `Good Friday' and all other Christian Holidays
            (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_holidays_in_the_United_States & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_holidays_in_the_United_Kingdom).

            5. `The secular world exists on the base of Christian values like freedom, fraternity, equality and human rights. The growth, development and well being of the modern man is the end result of Christian culture. Now the beneficiaries are turning their back on Christians. A thankless generation!'

            First of all freedom, fraternity, equality and human rights are not the monopoly of Christians. The truth is far from it. There are numerous examples stating the opposite. For instance, many devout Christians were championing for slavery and were against setting the Blacks free. Many states in US passed laws favouring slavery. The church took the same stand on equality as well. Women were inferior to men, coloured races were to be looked down as "savage natives" ,the list goes on and on. We all know what happened to Copernicus and Galileo. Darwin's theory was heresy. The Indian and Arab scientists contributed the fundamentals on which the modern Science is now built upon. Even the "pagan" Hellenic cults contributed greatly to Arts, Sciences, Mathematics and Philosophy. Hence in no way is "The growth, development and well being of the modern man is the end result of Christian culture". And which Christian Culture are you talking about? IMHO there is no Christian culture as such. Christianity has survived by adapting and adopting local cultures. The culture of a Christian from Delhi differs from one in Damascus. It's my Hindu culture which makes me remove my footwear when I enter a Church or any such holy place.

            Zionism is a nationalistic movement as opposed to religious `Christonist' movement. A word `Jew' is a multi dimensional word. It represents his ethnicity and his religion. Whereas, `Christian' is a one dimensional word. Hence the merits of Zionism cannot be applied here but the chief demerit of Zionism which is fundamentalism can be applied to a `Christonist' movement. Zionism is similar to Nazism in most respects except to one fundamental difference, its Jew-centric while the other is German-centric. It is not Islam that we have to fear/hate rather the fundamentalist approach to Islam. So how are we better off by being a fundamentalist Christian?

            6. `Our children should be brought up in the values of Christ and not in the secular self-destructing western customs. Politically, culturally and economically, we have the right to get back our lost land from the Muslims.'

            Which land? If you are referring to Jerusalem and Palestine, let me ask you who were the original inhabitants of those lands? What about India then, by your definition, we all are encroachers. So should we all pack our bags and give our lands to our Hindu brothers. But then, are Hindus the rightful owners? Isn't it the Dravidian juggle dwellers the rightful inhabitants? Thinking along these lines are futile will not lead us anywhere.

            I agree with you in that our children should be definitely brought up in values of Christ. But how is secular thought a self destructing one? And how is it exclusively western. All the advantages that we have today are brought by secular thinking. Secular thinking is not a `imported' school of thought. It is very much indigenous. If we were not secular, there will not be any St.Thomas Christians or Christians of any sort in India. Asokan Empire was a truly secular one. So was the Mughal Empire to an extent. Even the so called "pagan" cultures like Hellenic, Roman, etc. were tolerant of other religions and gave them religious freedom.

            I was educated in a Christian School which was very secular. I definitely feel my secular education helped me in attaining a broader perspective on various issues and made me more aware, tolerant and to be respectful to others' faith.

            IMHO blaming Muslims as a whole for the acts of some fundamentalist members is like blaming all Germans for the Nazis.

            Further reading:
            http://www.sephardicstudies.org/islam.html# -A Jewish perspective on Islamic Spain

            See also http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/history/spain_1.shtml

            http://www.soundvision.com/Info/jesus/MuslimChristianRelations.asp- An Islamic perspective on Muslim-Christian relationship

            Submitted by,
            Zach George Arapura
            Member # 3083
          • Rev. Dr. Stephen Duncan
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 18, 2011
              My dear Zach George Arapura,

              Very, very well said. fundamentalism which divides people into groups whether it is Christian, Islamic, Jewish or any other religion, is often the root of strife. It seems to me that Jesus has asked us to live together in this world, to take care for the poor and basically "to be nice to one another." I have recently been reading "The Jesus Wars" about the history of the Church before the Council of Nicea. It is sad to see so much violence has been done by one Christian to another - on such a massive scale. I can not think that it is appropriate to be so angry with one another. We are all God's children. May we act like it.

              Stephen Duncan
              Galveston, TX