Nativity and Modern Martyrs

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2011
      Nativity and Modern Martyrs

      A special solemn sermon on the Holy Nativity (Old Calendar) that focuses on recent bombing at an Alexandria Coptic Church - which calls to mind the modern martyrs in Iraq, Ethiopia, and throughout the Middle East these last few years. As well as all those who left their homeland.

      Fr John Brian takes this opportunity to talk about our Christian response and the response of some Egyptian Muslims.

      He chose the epistle reading appointed for the day after Nativity which is for those Holy Innocents that were slain by King Herod: Romans 15:1-7

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary (for this occasion) and was given on Thursday night, January 6, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/01/nativity-and-modern-martyrs.html