Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jan 8, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      "Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, and I am no longer worthy of being called your son.” (Luke :15:21)

      Have you at any time cried with remorse and repentance?

      Even the hardest minds will soften when hearing these meaningful words in the English language – thank you, excuse me, sorry, and I love you. Rare use of these words have made humans more inhuman. In each person, there is a moral compass of individual conscience created by God to discern what is pure and what is impure. Each time we ignore the voice of the inner man (conscience), we lose the sensitivity and power to hear the voice of God. Our heart will become hardened like Pharaoh in the Bible, making us fit for God’s wrath. We should not postpone saying sorry to people whom we have hurt in any way. We lose nothing when we apologise but only stand to gain goodwill and happiness. The Bible records a colourful variety of examples, including the episode of king David. He sent a soldier to his death so that he could marry his widow Bathsheba. Subsequently, he displayed remorse and repented for his act. He publically acknowledged his wrong doing. In today's times, it is rare to see people accepting and apologizing for their mistakes. This is a dangerous situation of self-destruction. Confession tables are empty waiting for patrons. You find arrogance everywhere - homes, work places, worship centers etc. - everybody thinks they are infallible and want to live life on their own terms.

      A classic example to emulate is the British Prime Minister, David Cameron who made an apology to the families of victims of Bloody Sunday. In 1972, thirteen Catholic demonstrators in Northern Ireland were killed when British soldiers opened fire on a group of protestors. In June, after a 12 year investigation, it was confirmed indisputably that the protestors were unarmed. So the Prime Minister offered a public apology on behalf of the country as a whole in the British House of Commons. He said, “You don’t defend the British army by defending the indefensible.” Cameron went on to say, “What happened on bloody Sunday was both unjustified and unjustifiable.”

      Don’t forget and be ashamed to say sorry for your mistakes. This will enhance your spirit and vitality. Let us examine ourselves on a daily basis and make sure that we owe no apologies to anyone. Let us be prompt in apologizing for our mistakes.

      Prayer : Jesus, let us have the minds of penitence for our sins. Please reveal to us those who are still in their pains and grudge due to our wrongdoings and sins. Let us have the courage to ask for their forgiveness. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen,

      Toronto, Sunday, 9th January 2011

      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
      Sunday Mass 9 A.M. to 10 A.M. Sunday School 10 A.M. to 10.30
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012
        Today with Jesus

        ·