Irenaeus

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2010
      The prophets who proclaimed Him as Emmanuel, born of a Virgin, were showing forth the union of the Word of God with His own handiwork. They were announcing that the Word would be made flesh, that the Son of God would be the Son of Man, that the pure One, in a pure way, would open that pure womb which regenerates men in God, that pure womb which He Himself made to be pure.

      Irenaeus, Against the Heresies
      Scandal of the Incarnation
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 8 , May 28, 2011
        Christ is Risen! + Indeed He is Risen!

        He sent the creative Word, who, coming to save us, was in the same place and situation in which we were when we lost life, breaking the bonds of the prison; and His light appeared and dispelled the darkness of the prison, and sanctified our birth and abolished death, loosening the same bonds by which we were trapped. And He demonstrated the resurrection, becoming Himself "the first-born from the dead," and raising in Himself fallen.

        Irenaeus, On the Apostolic Preaching
      • Mark Sedrak
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 21, 2011
          Man is in as much need of communion with God as God is in need of nothing. For this is the glory of man: to persevere and remain in the service of God.

          Irenaeus, Against the Heresies
          The Scandal of the Incarnation
        • Mark Sedrak
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014
            He became the Son of Man to accustom man to receive God and God to dwell in man.

            Irenaeus, Against the Heresies (3, 20, 2)
            From: The Scandal of the Incarnation
            Be sure to join The Orthodox Bookstore on the following platforms!