Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jan 6, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      "Open your mouth for the speechless, in the cause of all are appointed to die." (Proverbs 31:8)

      Have you ever felt that someone should stand up and talk for you?

      Voice for the voiceless and defence for the defenceless is a far away cry. There are plenty of people for the rich, mighty, beautiful, healthy and influential. But the poor and oppressed people have nobody. If nobody is there to hear the cry of the voiceless, do not worry - Christ is waiting there to hear you, save you, fight for you and bring you justice. When the priest and the scribes threw the blind man (who was healed by Jesus) out of the church, Jesus was there to help him. “When Jesus heard what had happened, he found the man and asked, “Do you believe in the son of man” ( John 9 :35). “Yes Lord, I believe! the man said. And he worshipped Jesus”(John 9:38). That is real devotion. "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you” (James 1”27). Let us plead for the cause of the oppressed.

      On the 4th of this month, the Punjab Governor, Salman Tasseer in Pakistan was gunned down by his bodyguard. The bodyguard was enraged at the Governor for his stance on a voiceless young mother of five, Aasia Bibi waiting for death sentence in Jail. Aasia Bibi is a Christian convert facing execution because of the country’s law of blasphemy. "He stood up for those who don’t even have a voice. He went all the way to see her in jail. No one else did that", said a relative of Aasia Bibi. On December 31, 4 days before his death, Tasser held his ground, offering these prophetic words on Twitter, “I was under huge pressure sure 2 cow down b 4 rightist pressure on Blasphemy. Refused. Even if I’m this last man standing.” A Muslim ruler at the risk of his life stands for a defenceless Woman! Unbelievable! The species of the good are not extinct! May God rest his soul in peace.

      Prayer : Jesus, we pray for Aasia Bibi from her execution. We pray for all those who are defenceless in homes, in jobs, and in their day to day life. We pray for the people who stand for justice. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen,

      Toronto, Friday, 7th January 2011

      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com

      Sunday Mass 9 A.M. to 10 A.M. Sunday School 10 A.M. to 10.30 A.M.
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16 3:54 AM
        Today with Jesus

        ·