Re: New Bishops for JSOC

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
      Dear Eldo,

      I am not a moderator. But I know one thing, we dont' know what criteria Jesus Christ used to select his disciples. We know that Jesus Christ is God and being God he know the hearts of people, he know the past, present and the future. We as ordinary people dont have a way of knowing the hearts of people, we don't know the future either.

      A better question was how did the Apostle's select their successor. Acts 1: 21-26 gives us a good description of how they did it. Among the believers they chose two qualified men; then they cast lots and elected St. Matthias to take the place of Judas, that had fell vacant.

      Now, another question arises. Is Bangalore diocese really vacant. No. We have H.G Diascoros. So don't understand the need for one more Bishop for the church.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      0929

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Eldo Kurian wrote:

      > Dear moderator
      > Is the below critieria follwed by JESUS CHRIST to select HIS followers? As per biblical study!
      >
      > Eldo Kurian
    • Abhilash Raj
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 6, 2011
        I dont understand what is there to snowball this silly point as a big issue leaving to the Holy Synod to decide!! Many of the people in their 40s or above 40 years do not know how to operate a computer and the  new generation gadgets. So our church might felt that the new bishops should be aware of all these things so that they can serve the Holy church in a more efficient way. Who knows, tomorrow jacobite church might install a computer network connecting all churches and organisations. If you closely watch the growth of our church, that day is not that far.
        So take that suggestion in the right spirit and understand the right intention behind such decesions. I personally would suggest that all preists and Bishops in all churches should be given training in IT as we see refresher courses in big corporates. Its part of improving the system. Dont see things only from the "so called orthodox' angel who will see only monetory things...

        Also understand that no one can become the servent of our Lord unless he is selected by God.

        Abhilash
        ID   4014
      • Jai
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 6, 2011
          Respected members,

          The Jacobite Syrian Christian Church of India is a tiny part of the mainstream and, in reality, is not detached from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" elements/nature of the society. Let's pray for the Holy Spirit's influence in all the decisions of our Church including the choice of bishops.

          In His Love,
          Jai
        • Chev. Philip P J
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 7, 2011
            -DEAR FRIENDS,

            1] We are in January of 2011. Yet another January and the Aluva Thrikkunnath Seminary Church and the annual festival is coming around on 26th,

            2] The poor faithful have been treated with a series of statement wars by both the factions relating to this Church which remain closed for 34 years now,

            3] By a chance of Church History the Orthodox Church authorities are in possession of the keys= obviously handed over by Corepiscopa Jacob Mannaraprayil ,

            4] The key holders are mortally afraid to open the Church because the members of the Church residing nearby are all faithful Jacobites[ erstwhile Patriarch Faction],

            5] Burial of members of both rival faction takes place under Police protection without allowing entry of religious dignitaries of either faction. The Dead Body is not respected,

            6] Last year the church opened and religious dignitaries of both faction conducted Holy Qurbana in the Church and Doopa Prarthana at the Tombs on the basis of a Court Order. Each ordinary member of the Holy Church were happy irrespective of factionalism,

            7] Thereafter, for eleven months every one slept. No attempt to get a verdict from Court=one way or another=was attempted. Both sides were happy to keep it adjourned especially the respondents in the Appeal Suit 262 of 2003 in the High Court of Kerala,

            WHAT IS HAPPENING AT ALUVA IS THE GREATEST FARCE IN MALANKARA CHURCH HISTORY. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO REALISE THAT THIS CHURCH SHOULD BE KEPT OPENED TO FACILITATE RELIGIOUS SERVICES BY RELIGIOUS DIGNITARIES OF BOTH MALANKARA ORTHODOX CHURCH AND JACOBITE CHURCH JUST LIKE THE ONE IN KOORTHAMALA PALLY??????

            ADVOCATE P J PHILIP,