Today with Jesus

  • Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jan 5, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (Thessalonians 5”16-18)

      Do you want your presence to be a blessing for others which can make you more happier?

      In today's world, people climb up the ladder of life using wrong and devious methods. This is a slippery path and can only end in disaster. So there is no peace, love, joy, unity in life. We fail to notice what’s going right. It’s often necessary to focus on what is wrong in order to make things better. The negative carriers are always despicable and unwelcome in the company of good. They won’t have any genuine friends. There is a golden rule in English grammar - use positive words; avoid negative words. Instead of: only some 40 odd people turned out for the opening of the Church, we could say, over 50 people participated in the opening of the church. This minor change will do a profound impact about you in front of others and in your life. Keep a card in your wallet with the words, “Drop the negativity and focus on the blessings.” Then you will be amazed at how rewarding this shift in thinking can be. You will become more easily satisfied, loving, grateful, and appreciative. For this we should have a bit of intent, practice, and repetition.

      Abraham is a retired, happy rich man in my church in India. For the past 24 years, he has been the most welcomed and cherished member, both in the Church and my residence. Now in his 70’s, he still drives his old scooter even though he has all the richness to buy a BMW car. He always comes with a smiling face that itself changes all my bad moods and makes me happy. One can only hear him talk positive things in life and he is generous with his blessings for others, which makes you feel really blessed. He used to say, ”Acha (Priest), I’m fully satisfied in my life. God has blessed me immensely. I have no complaints about anything.” But I know that when looked at negatively, he too has many complaints and problems in his life. May God bless this kind of people.

      King Davis says, “Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, his love endures forever” (Psalm 106:1). In the words of Eric Hoffer, ”The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." Say a big no to negativity of any kind. Then, see the change in your life, in your home, and in your job.

      Prayer : Jesus, we pray for those who are living with negative attitudes and its products of poverty and sorrows. Let all satanic and negative habits be uprooted and instead plant minds to count and appreciate their blessings. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen,

      Toronto, Thursday 6th January 2011

      http://www.jerusalemchristianmission.com

      Sunday Mass 9 A.M. to 10 A.M. Sunday School 10 A.M. to 10.30 A.M.
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012
        Today with Jesus

        ·