Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jan 4, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

      Do you hope for a job, a better future?

      Hope is that invisible force that makes all things possible. Hope in the Creator for he can generate anything from nothing. We hope that we will get a job. The hope is the positive energy that keep us motivated and enthused while we wait. And if we don’t get the job, it’s hope once again that tell us we might have a better shot next time. We should have the hope and love to meet any challenging situations and think, “there is always hope, and this will be solved.” Because hope is created in our own hearts and minds, we are in control of it and can create more of it if we choose to. Archbishop Tutu said: “There is no situation that is not transformable. There is no person who is hopeless. There is no set of circumstances that cannot be turned about by ordinary human beings and their natural capacity for love of the deepest sort.”

      In their 60s, Thomas and Mary were a blessed God fearing couple who migrated to Canada to stay with their son and family. Usually the life of retired people in Canada is one of solitary confinement or something similar to a house arrest. Their only hope is to look after the grandchildren and be in their company. They do not have hopes of getting employed, especially in this time of acute recession and financial crunch. The young, talented and educated lot stand a better chance to get jobs. Mary, a retired teacher didn’t lose hope to have a job in Canada. On landing here, she looked around for employment as a teacher. She had knocked all the doors with vigorous hope in the Lord Jesus - ‘He will give me the Job.’ and she got the job of her choice. Now she says, "God is great and He definitely takes care of the people who trust and hope in Jesus."

      Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are bold " (2 Corinthians 3:12). I want you to think about the problems in your life and hope in Jesus that He will take care of them. Then you have nothing to worry about.

      Prayer : Jesus, let all negative soul-eating thoughts be vanished from the minds of worried and negative people. Let the hopes of those who call upon you be fulfilled. Those who are hoping to get a job, be blessed with it. For you, everything is possible. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto, Wednesday, 5th January 2011

    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012