Godly New Year

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2011
      Godly New Year

      Every New Year's day should be blessed and should be taken as an opportunity to be with God, thanking Him for what is past and praying for His mercy in what is to come.

      Fr John Brian takes this opportunity to give a sermon about the importance of a new year in Holy Orthodoxy and how we, as Orthodox Christians, should conduct ourselves, following the "great commandment" that is in the Gospel of John and in his First Epistle.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, January 2, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission
      Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/01/godly-new-year.html