Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jan 1, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      " I will give you a wise and understanding heart such as no
      one else has had or ever will
      have.”(1 Kings 3:12)

      Are you learning the life
      lessons from the word of God or from your
      trial and error life?

      There is no time for
      an individual to have the trial and error methods to get wisdom to live. There
      is only one life on earth that ‘s limited by space and time. We need a life
      compass to move even a step forward. God is the fountain spring of knowledge and wisdom. “If you need wisdom,
      ask our generous God, and he will give it to you.”(James 1:5) According
      Solomon, “For the lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and
      understanding.”(Proverbs 2:6) . So follow his instruction thick and thin that
      is all we needed to live a happy
      ,healthy human life on earth. Those who need the wisdom should be asked then that will be given.. Solomon asked for wisdom in governing his
      people with justice and have not asked for a long life or wealth or the death
      of his enemies. So God gave him wisdom. If we ask what ever things we needed to live as a son/ daughter of
      God will be provided by Him.

      A young girl
      committed to suicide. She had been addicted to drugs and suffered from some
      psychological problems. Anthony
      Destefano attended the funeral. He says,’ At the end of the night I went
      to say good- bye to the mother of the girl, and she grabbed me by the arm and told
      me with tears in her eyes, “ Make sure you hug your children tonight. Please,
      tell them you love them! It’s important that you do that.” Tragically, she hadn’t
      told her own daughter that she loved her very often, and she couldn’t .She was
      trying to impart that sad piece of advice to Anthony while he still had the
      chance to avoid her mistake. Did
      she really have to acquire that wisdom such a late date and such an immense
      cost? Had she been praying to God foe wisdom right along, is there any doubt
      that she would have been given the grace to understand the value of open,
      loving communication?

      Don’t’ wait for the
      age to come for wisdom. Simply follow Jesus and his instruction Manuel of life.
      Then you never miss the target of
      life.

      Prayer.

      Jesus, help those who are groping in the darkness of life
      without knowing your wisdom to live.
      Let those who are in the verge of
      death and destruction to be
      saved. We pray for those who are in the challenges of life like depression and
      suicidal tendency. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.Love

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto Sunday 2
      January 2011
      http://www.jerusalemchristianmission.com