Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Dec 30, 2010
      Today’s Bible verse

      "And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the
      wilderness, so the son of man must be lifted up, so that everyone who
      believes in him will have eternal life.” (John 3:14,15)

      Do you have any healing
      effects by using symbols?

      Signs and symbols are part and parcel of all religions. We
      conceive an idea through symbols. Cross is the symbol of Christianity and
      it represents salvation and
      eternal life. Those who believe and live in salvation have
      therapeutic effects. Even the birds used to follow the sign
      of the Cross marked by Saint Francis of Assisi in the sky. A rebellious
      generation always despises and misuses the best of everything,
      even the crown symbol of Christianity - the Cross. When the Israelites
      were wandering in the wilderness, God sent a plague of snakes to punish the
      people for their rebellious attitudes. Those doomed to die from the snake
      bite could be healed by looking up at the bronze snake on the pole. In the same way, salvation
      happens when we look up to Jesus, believing that he will save us with
      the symbol of the Cross.

      There is a permanent museum for keeping the collection of mementos
      of love lost in Zagreb in Croatia. Those who visit the museum comment that all
      the exhibits have the Catharsis in it. A Berlin woman submitted the
      axe that she had used to chop up her lover’s furniture after he left her for
      another woman. She says, "Everyday I axed one piece of his
      furniture. I kept the remains there, as an expression of my inner condition.
      The more his room filled with chopped furniture, the better I felt in my soul.
      Two weeks after she left, he came back for the furniture. It was really razed
      into small heaps and fragments of wood. He took that trash and left my
      apartment for good. The axe was promoted to a therapy instrument.”

      Symbols are instruments of healings for those who use
      it the way it was intended to be used.

      Prayer : Jesus, we remember your love when we
      look at the Cross. Let the Cross
      be a reminder of your great sacrifice and salvation you brought to
      humanity. May those who look at the Cross with faith be saved. Let us be faithful to you and to our
      neighbours. All we ask in the name
      of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen