Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Dec 29, 2010
      Today’s Bible verse

      "I tell you the truth. anyone who doesn’t receive the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.”(Mark 10:15)

      Could you like to live now in the experience of God? Isn’t attainable or mere fantasy?

      God is real and his kingdom is attainable. It couldn’t be bought or conquered but it should be revealed. Unless we humble our attitudes towards God like a child will miss the experience of God’s kingdom and it’s supreme ecstasy of happiness. Adult’s moral defensiveness must humble itself before the holy God; and adult sceptical toughness must soften before the loving God. Children do not feel supremely powerful, perfectly righteous, or totally autonomous. Coming to Jesus means to accept his goodness on our behalf, confess our need and commit our life to his tender guidance. If we preoccupy with earthly life we will miss the heavenly kingdom. Children are always the trusting nature. So Jesus says, “ I praise you, Father, lord of heaven an dearth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed these to little children.”(Mathew 11:25)

      Huston Smith A prolific writer and thinker of 21st century aged 91 tells his life experience of God, when his older daughter, Karen, was 7 and Gael was 4, he over heard them in the room one Sunday night when they were supposed to be asleep. Karen was whispering about the parents, “They talk so much about God. I don’t get it.” Gael said she did get it. But Karen said a little 4- year old could not possibly understand. “Oh, I do,” Gael answered.” They are saying God is every thing. God is in me.” I am the 4 year old who would say that. I am also this 90 year old. He continues ,” I had to take a life long tour of the world’s religions in order to inhabit Christianity in the spirit it was originally meant, in the way my 4 year old daughter understood it.” How simple and how lovely is to know God and live in him? A faith of a child!

      Theology, arguments, education, experience , age - nothing will make us to reach to God except a child like attitude of humility, trust, and faith.

      Prayer

      Jesus, let your revelation to those who genuinely seeking and waiting for Godly experience. Let us have the attitude of a child and let us laid down the hubris of adulthood. We pray for purity of faith and protection from any doubts in you. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen. Love

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto, Thursday 30th December 2010
      http://www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V