An example of peaceful, brotherly coexistence

  • Mathew Chacko
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2010
      Dear All,

      An example of peaceful brotherly coexistence is my home parish year ie..150 year old St. Thomas 'Orthodox' (erstwhile 'Jacobite') Syrian Church (better known as 'Kuzhippally'), Thalavady Padinjarekkara in Niranam Diocese.It was founded in AD 1860 on a piece of land owned by late Mr.Kurivilla Amprayil, Thalavady. Saint Parumala Thirumeni has written Kalpana to Mr. Kurivilla Amprayil(Kochukunju), asking for donation to build Parumala seminary (Ref.'Ezhuthukal'by Sophia Books,Kottayam Page#170). Many families were divided in faith due to protestant ideas preached by Abraham Malpan, and people took sides with Pulikkottil Thirumeni and Palakkunneth Metrachen.Since our forefathers were guided by Holy spirit, they sat together and decided to share the church between Jacobites and Marthomites, and its still continues though both sides managed to build Churches of their own in neighboring lands. Orthodox and Marthomite service is still conducted in old church on alternate Sundays and it remains as parish church of both Orthodox and Marthomite faithful.

      May God Bless Us All

      Kind regards

      Mathew Chacko
      ID#2382