Rev. Fr. Jomy Joseph conferred Doctor of Theology

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2010
    SWITZERLAND: Fr. Jomy Joseph conferred Doctor of Theology (D.Th) Degree. He did his doctoral research at the Paris-Lodron University, Salzburg, Austria on the theme “Integrity of Creation in the Theology of Ephrem the Syrian: A Patristic Eco-theology” under the guidance of Univ. Prof. Dr. Dietmar W. Winkler, an eminent scholar of Ecclesiastical studies and the consultant to the Pontifical Council for promoting Christian Unity. Fr. Jomy Joseph, son of Shri. C. M. Joseph Chully and Smt. Mary Joseph Chully, hails from Aluva, belongs to Thrikkunnath St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church, Aluva (Angamaly Region of Angamaly Diocese). After his theological studies at the United Theological College Bangalore, he joined MSOT Seminary Vettickal and served in various capacities as Tutor, Field Education and Library-in-charges. Currently, he is serving as the Vicar of St. Mary's Syrian Orthodox Church, Switzerland.
  • Mor Coorilos Geevarghese
    Message 2 of 2 , Dec 23, 2010
      My hearty congrats to Fr. Dr. Jomy Joseph on his being conferred
      doctorate degree. Fr. Dr. Jomy Joseph is a proud student of mine and
      I am personally so happy about his achievement. He would be a great
      asset for our Church. May the good Lord continue to bless him in his
      future ministry.

      Coorilos Geevarghese Metropolitan
      Theeram, Tiruvalla