Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2010
      Today’s Bible verse

      “Your speech should always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you should answer each person.” (Colossians 4:6)

      Do you like others to listen to you?

      Listen to others, that is the only way others will listen to you. The sickness of attention deficiency syndrome is the high end product of modern technology. That is prominently seen in listening to others. Time factor is an excuse of narcissism. This is a vicious circle of non-listening. When you meet anybody or talk to anyone, speak ”only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen" (Ephesians 4:29). If you want to communicate, start with the needs of others. You should only be a facilitator in communication. Throughout history, when people have asked God, “what is your name"?, God’s response has been to reveal Himself according to what they needed at that time. To those who needed a miracle, God revealed himself as Jehovah Jireh (I am your provider); to those who needed comfort, He revealed Himself as Jehovah Shalom (I am your peace); to those who needed salvation, God revealed himself as Jehovah Tsidkenu (I am your righteousness). God meets us where we are, at our point of need. Just as we like to be respected, we must respect others if we want them to listen to what we have to say.

      Larry King, aged 76, was in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the longest running television show hosted by the same person on the same network and in the same time slot. He is known as the ”Icon of TV host.” He has hosted the Larry King Live show in the 9 PM EST slot in CNN for 25 years. One of his famous quotes is, "I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I am going to learn, I must do it by listening. Larry says, "The guest to me was always paramount. I take no credit for people responded to me. I have been for 58 years in this business. It’s all I ever wanted to do. I’ve had a great ride. I’ve got no complaints.”

      “Jesus cried” (John 11:35) at the tomb of Lazarus. Spend time to listen to others, especially those who have nobody to tell their problems to.

      Prayer : Jesus, we pray for those who are in the wilderness of life, abandoned, alone, and in the brink of break down. Let we be the listeners and savoir to them. Let people have the mind to listen to others and attend to their problems. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto, Tuesday, 21st December 2010
      http://www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
    • Paulose V V
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2011
        Today's Bible verse

        "Remove from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty or richness, feed me with the food that is needful for me.” (Proverbs 30:8)

        Be blessed by learning to live with reality. Don’t run away from it.

        The fitness industry is a multimillion business. People are ready to do anything to lose weight which is conditioned by the make-believe world of advertisement and herein lies their gold mine. Weight loss and Anorexia are the two sides of the same coin. Forgetting genetic factors and food required for the body to live, people are in war with the reality of their body needs. If we are fat, we should accept it and love it - we shouldn’t judge the genetic driven obesity. Judging attitudes are destructive, cruel, and scientifically wrong. Moderate weight loss can be maintained through determined monitoring of food intake and exercise, and dramatic weight loss can be achieved only temporarily but not long term because of Leptin (evolutionary hormone). Learn to live with the food grown luxuriously at your vicinity. Eat and live sensibly with food and water at our hand and worship God. Be moderate in our food intake. Proverbs 23:3 - “Don’t be greedy for his fine foods, because that food might be a trick.” God has created human beings with variety: lean, fat, short, tall, white, black etc. We are not destined for cloning. Jesus loves you as you are.

        People were stunned in 1988 when a downright thin Oprah Winfrey wheeled a wagon loaded with animal fat on the Talk Show. She wanted to show that she had shed 67 lbs in less than 5 months by running 6.5 miles a day and consuming nothing but liquids. But within weeks of returning to solid food, she had gained back 10 lbs and later more that she had before the struggle for weight loss. She says, "I thought I was cured. And is just not true. You have to find a way to live in the world with food.”

        Genesis 1:29 - “Look, I have given you all the plants that have grain for seeds and all the trees whose fruits have seeds in them. They will be food for you.”

        Prayer : Jesus, let your children be saved from the false notion of escaping life's realities. Let us accept who and what we are. Give us all the healthy body, mind, and spirit to work for you and for your people. Let the obese people be saved from the judgement of others. We pray for all those who are struggling with weight loss. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

        Paulose Aachen
        Toronto
        Sunday, 5th June 2011
        www. jerusalemchristianmission.com