Prayer for the "DEAD" ! Is it Biblical? Part 4

  • Fr. John K.K
    Message 1 of 1039 , Feb 5, 2003
      Those who question the bonafide faith are usually hypocrites, for
      example; the fundamentalists freely interpret the Bible. Under what
      authority they do so? It sounds to me like someone claiming ownership
      of the Moon. According to Jerome Holy Bible is the priced property of
      the Church and none outside of the church has the right to possess
      it. None except the Church has the right to hold and interpret it.
      They teach that Bible is the only authority yet, they do not regard
      all verses with equal importance. Bible is their `idol.' So they
      are Bibliolators. They ask, `will anyone respect the murder weapon,
      such as knife in stabbing, gun in shooting,' Cross was the weapon
      with which Jews killed Jesus and so reverence shown to cross is
      idolatry. They laugh at us when we make the sign of cross. To them,
      death of Jesus was simply a murder! But what they do with the huge
      size cross put up in their churches? There are Cross-shaped name
      boards such as, "The New Testament Church." New Testament church is
      the parent organization of Ceylon Pentecost in Kerala. A beautifully
      decorated gold plated huge size Cross hangs right overhead of the
      pulpit in Assembly of God church in Bensalem that greatly surprised
      me. Assembly of God is the parent organization of Indian Pentecost in
      Kerala. In Kerala they call the place of worship, "Faith home," and
      consider sinful to call `church' for the place of worship. They have
      no problem to tolerate those things here, why? A boy's beaten dead
      body was found stuffed in a box 41 years ago. Authorities exhumed its
      remains for DNA test from a grave in Northeast Philadelphia. They
      reburied the remains. "About 100 mourners stood in reverent silence
      as Protestant, Catholic and Jewish clergymen offered prayers for the
      boy," Bucks County Courier Times dated 11-12-98. Who were these
      Protestants and what they prayed for? if in fact, praying for the
      dead is unbiblical. A Pentecostal Pastor published a `memorial' on
      the first death anniversary date of his son, and the members
      questioned him, why? I have attended number of prayer events of the
      Protestants on the death anniversary dates of their beloved, although
      they would not publicly say it is for that occasion. Back in Kerala
      these people bury their dead ones in their residential area rather
      than in a cemetery as opposed to the ancient custom of the Church.
      Jesus taught the disciples how to pray and said, "You pray therefore
      in this manner, Our father in heaven..." Mat 6:9. Why they do not
      observe a clear command like this? They argue that it is simply a
      model how to pray and no need to repeat exactly like that. I cannot
      find in the whole universe a better prayer than Lord's prayer. Jesus
      forbid, "Do not use vain repetitions as the heathens do," Mat 6:7. It
      is not difficult to know that they, beg instead of observing the
      commandment, babble with vain repetition and are mostly egocentric.
      Another aspect came to my mind is their attitude about Christmas.
      They content that there is no command in the Bible to observe it.
      Jesus Christ was not born of Dec. 25. It was a pagan festival and
      etc. Their American counterparts who are sponsors of congregational
      churches in Kerala firmly believe, celebrate and admonish to
      celebrate Christmas. In their opinions, if someone cannot, as ought
      to, celebrate Christmas, there is no much goodness left in him. The
      early fathers of the Church decided to celebrate the Birth of Jesus
      Christ on the same day pagans celebrated the festival of Sun God for
      a good reason. Really, Jesus Christ, is righteous Sun and the Creator
      of the planet Sun. Church strongly opposes veneration or celebration
      for any creation. They demonstrated to the pagan world that
      celebration belongs to the creator and not to the creation.
      Prominence of Christmas, indeed, over-shadowed and caused final
      collapse of the pagan festival. Thus they displaced pagan myth.
      Angels, shepherds and Magi celebrated the first Christmas with songs,
      worship and presents. What better biblical authority they need? Sole
      agenda of these hypocrites' is to oppose our undefiled faith.

      Contd... Part 5
    • Jaison
      Message 1039 of 1039 , Sep 21, 2011
        Dear all