Bible condone Slavery?

  • Rajan P Kuriakose,
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2010
      Does the Bible condone Slavery?

      There is a tendency to look at slavery as something of the past. In Bible times, slavery was more a matter of social status. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters. Now the question is up on us, who are the slave in our community and who is the Master of this slaves?

      The Bible most definitely does condemn slavery. The Hebrews were slaves, not by choice, but because they were Hebrews (Exodus 13:14). In New Testament, slave-traders are listed among those who are “ungodly and sinful” and are in the same category as those who kill their fathers or mothers, murderers, adulterers and perverts, and liars and perjurers (1Timothy1:8-10).

      The Bible often approaches issues from the inside out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God by receiving His salvation, God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts. A person who has truly experienced God’s grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bible’s prescription for ending slavery.

      Our community has been affected by the emotional slavery by the invisible hands!!!! , even in the midst of the best and brightest in our community has been coerced and mesmerized by the satanic spirits and exhibiting their slave-like thinking and writings all over the places. We have to pray to God Almighty to release our brethren’s and spiritual-elders from the satanic clutches, so they can think and serve the community with trust, faith, dignity, and integrity.
      Thank you for reading!!!!!!!

      Compile and forwarded by:
      Rajan P Kuriakose