God Himself is Our Joy

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2010
      God Himself is Our Joy:God has created our hearts for joy. We are created in His image, so sharing in the joy of the Lord should be our normal experience. God Himself is our joy, Ps. 43:4: Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy John 15:10-12: If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have
      spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

      This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. We have joy when we serve someone we love deeply: A mother has joy when she serves her child. A husband has joy when he serves his wife. A wife has joy when she serves her husband. Indeed we find the deepest fulfillment and joy when we serve those we love most. May we find our deepest fulfillment and joy in serving the Lord who gave His life for us.

      1 Pet. 1:7-8: Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory. Lord, grant me this joy that comes from loving you.

      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington D.C