Re: Reply to ICON MESSAGE

  • Rev. Fr. George Thankachan
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2010
      Dear Mr. Philip,

      Please read my previous posting with an open eyes. I never addressed you with the term 'Devil's Advocate'. But after having read your write up in ICON, it 'seemed' to me as if you were a devil's advocate. I never meant to disdain you with a derogatory term. It's all your fabrication.

      Had you referred to a good dictionary , you would never have made such a response to my posting in ICON. If the term 'Devil's advocate' is a pejorative phrase, the first person whom you have to blame is the Pope of Rome. Let me quote from the World Book Dictionary, "Roman Catholic Church- a person appointed to examine the evidence and present arguments that must be satisfactorily answered, against the beatification or canonisation of a person.; advocatus diaboli.( 2)a critic who argues either against a popular cause or an
      unpopular cause" . Had you taken my usage in good sense, you could have avoided this commotion. [ Please take special note:- 'Diabolos'(Greek) etymologically means one who makes division], please think it over and tell me where you are.

      Then, whatelse term should I use to respond to your biased and immature attitude which goes for division in the holy Church which, I fear, would adversely affect the existence of our community and which would question its very integrity as a Christian Church. Please tell me honestly, Is it a Christian attitude to go for a Division in the Malanakra Sabha? What good will it do to our community in the long run.? Does our community with a scanty membership have the strength to withstand or endure yet another division? Ask sincerely to your conscience!!!

      Anyway, Sorry if I hurt you!

      May God bless you!
      With love and prayers,
      In Christ,