Sabhayaam thirusabhayaamee njan athyunnathanute manavatti

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2010
      With reference to the message of Sri U T George in Digest No 3511 I have to submit as follows:

      It was LL Mor Grigorios Geevarghese Metropolitan (Perumpally Thirumeni) who  blessed the marriage of my son with my daughter-in-law. At the ceremony His Grace did render the entire poem sabhayaam thirusabhayaam eee njaan into  prose after stopping the orchestra for which His Grace did not look into any  book. The song when sung with the accompaniment of the musical instruments will give us the sound of music and when it was said by the prelate it was really impressing and it touched the inner self of every one  who were there for the function The entire benediction at the end of  the koodaasa was also said by the metropolitan without referring to any book.

      In this connection I may state that the Malankara Catholics have in their thaksa the above song both as a poem and as a  prose

      In my humble view it is better to have prose as the medium rather than poem.

      Yours in Him

      V T John
      ID 3085