Today With Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2010
      Today’s Bible verse

      “And why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own." (Mathew 7:3)

      Do you want to change your life for good?

      Change starts from the mind. Till death and beyond, change is the rule of nature and that is intended by God. Only one thing in this world that never changes is change itself. Till we attain eternal bliss, we have to strive for change and perfection in Jesus. Hating evil and loving goodness is an eternal law inscribed in the souls of all human beings. We want goodness around us, and we try to change others' behaviour for this. Actually the traits that bother us in others are often the habits we have ourselves. Our bad habits and behaviour patterns are the very ones that we most want to change in others. Do you find it easy to magnify others' faults while excusing your own ? So change your life first, then change the world -that should be your slogan. If we genuinely wish and want to change, then there is a way for it. Simply believe in Jesus and ask him to change you, listen to him, and obey him. He is powerful, present everywhere and knows everything. Trust Him, wait for Him and He will change you.

      The Sufi Bayazid says this about himself: “I was a revolutionary when I was young and all my prayers to God were : 'Lord give me the energy to change the world.' As I approached middle age, I realized that half my life was gone without my changing a single soul, so I changed my prayer to: 'Lord, give me the grace to change all those who come in contact with me. Just my family and friends, and I shall be content.' Now that I am an old man and my days are numbered, my own prayer is, 'Lord, give me the grace to change myself’. If I had prayed for this right from the start, I would not have wasted my life”.

      Look in yourselves every day, scrutinize and make the required changes. Pray to the Lord to help you change for the better and follow Him. His Grace will help you to become good to you and to others.

      Prayer : Jesus, remove all darkness from our lives. We are blind to our own faults. Let your all-penetrating light open our eyes and let us see others through Thy eyes. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto,
      Sunday, 5th December 2010
      http//www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2011
        Today’s Bible verse

        "Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.” (Romans 12:2)

        Do you hope to save yourself from self-destruction?

        We are the temple of God. Everybody has been bestowed with immense talents and capabilities which should be used to worship the Creator and to serve fellow beings. We have no right to destroy our body with bad habits of unfaithfulness, drugs, alcohol, gambling, laziness, partying, orgies, prostitution, theft, quarrelling, gossip, strife, self glory, hatred etc. These acts will make us land in poverty, sickness, self pity, depression, and finally land us on the streets or in jail. But there is hope for those willing to change. They should express their willingness to change and make genuine conscious attempts to put away all their bad habits. Don’t shy to seek the help of good people. Come on to the spirit of God. He will change you into a new person and put you on the pedestal. Only when the holy spirit renews, re-educates, and redirects our mind, are we truly transformed.

        Ted William, a homeless pan handler became the star of the year, was reunited with his mother after 20 years and landed in a life rewarding job by changing his bad habits. He was once a radio voice. Then he slowly slipped into drugs, alcohol, robbery, forgery, theft and drug possession that goes back to two decades and was repeatedly put behind bars. The last two years has seen him on the path of correction and leading a clean life. Collecting up change, he had hoped a local broadcasting company might one day see his sign (standing in the curb holding out his hand and wishing for change with a sign board), so that he could return to the industry he once belonged to. That was the footage shown on you tube. His priceless voice, against a backdrop of poverty, has led to a remarkable reaction. Among the many jobs that he was offered to him, he has finally settled down with a job in Kraft. He is now out of the streets and poverty.

        Stop all self-destroying bad habits and turn to Jesus. See how this change can bring happiness to you and your family. Start with throwing away each of the bad habits - bad company, drinking, drugs, fighting etc., and slowly work towards a better life with Jesus by your side.

        Prayer : Jesus, help us to come out from all our self-inflicting bad behaviours. Let those who are under the spell of evil forces be delivered from the claws of the devil. We pray for those who are living in sin, help them to come out of their weaknesses and live a happy life. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

        Love

        Paulose Achen
        Toronto, Tuesday, 11th January 2011
        www.jerusalemchristianmission.com