Jacobite Group !!!!!

  • Thomas Ke
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2010
      Dear Sajan,

      It is very strange and embarassing to read " Jacobite Group". Is Mr. Sajan belongs to Jacobite church or MOC.If Jacobite should respect ourselves. The blame should be on the owners of this form for not editing the word "Group". In our own form , we ourselves should not call us "Group". Let Manorama reporter belongs to any fraction of the christian church. A reporter can report anything but Manorama has a policy what to publish and what not and a reporter cannot do anything in this management policy.

      Regards
      ID 4106
    • John Joseph
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2010
        To my understanding , In 2002 , After (Finally) accepting the reality of a Constitution and approving the constitution, we named ourselves as a new church or a group. It was sad that our Metropolitan were against the Constitution, which we tried to make one during our long battle in the Supreme Court of India. If we were having one during that time, possibly the result of the Judgment would have been different and the History too. Who should be blamed for the lack of constitution? It Should be the leaders, Not the general Public. Correct me if I am wrong.

        Regards
        John
        4011
      • Dipu George
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2010
          Dear John,

          You need to be corrected.
          Actually the Bishops are not to be blamed but rather the laymen ( politicians, unlawful businessmen and narrow minded people) who were the advisors to our Bishops then and gave false and wrong guidance.This could include certain clergy who weild unecessary influences.

          Even now isnt that the case here in our Church?.

          How many Politicians and Business men and greedy men do we have in our Association whose votes carry weight on all Church Decisions.

          Why does the Blame always have to finally fall on the Bishops while these culprits go scot free?

          Wise Counsel and Guidance in wordly matters based on Christian values is what our Bishops need to help in the Growth of our Church apart from Spiritual Growth.

          is that Happening? sadly it isnt

          A Very intelligent Doctor can help draft the medical policies of our Church and advise it on matters on abortion etc

          A very Good Psychiatrist can draft a policy of our Church to help in its views on Child Abuse of Trauma and pave the way to spiritually guide our Children

          A good Engineer can help draft the Project Poroposals of our Church to prevent the Church from falling into debt traps because of projects becoming white elephants

          A Good Chartered Accountant can carefully audit the financial affairs of our Church

          An Expert retired Academician can help draft the educational policies of our church to be implemented in all the educational institutions run by our church

          A good MSW graduate can help draft the Church policies on the downtrodden and handicap persons in our church

          This is what we need. Not the greedy men who give advise for their selfish personal gains

          A very good Syriac Orthodox Christian who doesnt smoke or drink and confess often can be elected to the Malankara Association

          I think the Church should have a canon law preventing politicians and unlawful businessmen being part of the core committee.

          Once we do this .. 90% of our problems will be over.

          Eversince the Metran Kakshis have Muthootu guy in their core committee i have been concealing a little selfish glee knowing very well that the fate of the Metran Kakshi church will be doomed.

          Unfortunately or not this is a honest confession.

          Our Church should avoid such mistakes. Politicians can support us from outside not from inside.

          what say?

          In Christ
          D George
          0174