Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Dec 2, 2010
      Today’s Bible verse

      ”The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run up.” (kings 17:14)

      Have you ever experienced the divine intervention in your times of trouble?

      We all do feel exhausted in our daily struggles and many a time, could have been driven to the edge. But God always lifts us from the bottom of the pit by his special intervention. He never lets his children go hungry. We need to depend on God as we face each trial. God helps us in his own way at the right time and place. Divine intervention, big or small, begins with an act of obedience. When the widow of Zarephath met Elijath the prophet, she thought she was preparing her last meal as there was no more oil or flour left. She was very poor and had no one to help her. Then, God intervened through Elijath and from then on, she always had enough flour and olive oil left in the containers.

      Ram was abused by his parents and relatives and so, he ran away from home. He went on to become a drug carrier and kept wandering from place to place. He felt lonely, unloved and abused by everybody. One late evening, he went to the remote edge of Lake Puzhal in Chennai, India and decided to commit suicide. In the area were two friends, John and Mathew who were looking for a quiet place to relax. On a premonition or I would say it as the divine intervention, they strolled towards the place where Ram was. On hearing voices, Ram turned and waited for them to pass. On seeing the depressed face of the boy, John and Mathew realised that something was wrong with the boy. On knowing his story, they offered to help him start a new life. With their support, Ram continued his education and has made a good life for himself. Today, he is a happily married man with a loving family.

      Listen always to the inner voice of our conscience and act. We are children of the great Saviour who helps us in our times of need. Likewise, we should also look around and help others. Knock on the doors of people who need your love and care. Who knows? You could be a saviour too.

      Prayer: Jesus, save those who are rejected by family, friends, society, and even the Church. Listen to their cries and answer them. Help us to be their saviours. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto, Friday, 3rd December 2010
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V